• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I am saying is that neither candidate cares. There are many more issues that I think are more important than whether either candidate gives a "token" thought about your career.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Unless your estate is 2 million or more there is no federal estate tax. And by the way Teddy Roosevelt was, and Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are very strong supporters of the estate tax.

I think most of us plan on estates of more than $2 million. As long as the Stock market returns to historically normal growth.

+1

also, i don't want a guy in there who's friends with william ayers..

Yeah, let's try something different.

How about we try a 20% flat tax with the first $10,000 per family member exempt? Deductions for mortgage interest on the PRIMARY residence only and charitable contributions. Dividends, capital gains and interest ALL count as regular income. Want to see a rich guy squirm? Tell him he's got to pay 20% and a smart lawyer and accountant can't hide it.

How about we try school vouchers so poor people can send their kids to a good (read: private) school where they might actually learn something?

How about we try medical savings accounts where you actually control the money, pay directly for minor procedures and office visits, and therefore have to SHOP for a doctor and a laboratory and insurance is there for CATASTROPHIC injury or illness?

How about we try term limits so Robert Byrd can't spend more than FIFTY YEARS sending pork barrel projects to West Virginia?

How about we try applying the ENTIRE Constitution to the legal system and not just the parts certain people like? (Yes, I mean the Second Ammendment but I also mean FISA courts, wiretapping, and the like)

How about we try FREEZING the federal budget for 3 years? No cuts, no growth, just a freeze. Let the Cabinet Secretaries have a cage match over who gets how much.

I'll tell you why. Because NOBODY in Washington wants to try something new. Not Republicans, not Democrats, NOBODY.

There are a dozen other areas where we should try something new. Just putting a different pol in the White House AIN"T gonna make it happen.

End Result!!

Increasing taxes for your customers (most non-corporation fractional customers will easily surpass $250K per year) will never be a good thing. They use part of their discretionary income/cash to buy their shares or their Marquis cards, etc.
Plus, Obama will make it more difficult for small business owners to succeed if they have to pay more for employee health care benefits (rightly or wrongly) and these small business owners could be future share owners. It just leaves less money in the tank for discretionary purposes. I would say that operators like Avantair would be hurt more because their average customers make less money than the "average" Netjets customer who can afford to pay more taxes. It's those people on the fringe who I would worry about most.

Vote Obama if you want higher taxes, more bureaucracy (layers of people) and vague promises that sound great without much detail... McCain will lower taxes and cut spending so that we all have more coin in our pockets to spend - that's a better idea in my book.

If Sen.Obama Bin Laden is elected POTUS,he will sign a tax bill that is going to completely HOSE all corporations and business,small or large,Then alot of pilots,those in fractionals,regionals,majors,charter,corporate,and CFI's will all lose their JOBS!!!

I certainly plan to have $2 million by the time I retire. That really isn't much for a business owner, when you consider real estate, etc.

The estate tax is fundamentally unfair because everything in the estate has already been taxed multiple times through the income tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, dividend tax, etc.

----

Obama was the second highest recipient of campaign cash from Aunt Fannie and Uncle Freddie for the period from 1989 - 2008 even though he was in Congress for only a few of those years. The Democrats are in this up to their eyeballs (which isn't to say that the GOP is totally clean either).

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

Discussions about Obama vs McCain on this board are a lot different than the ones on the Majors,Regional, and Cargo boards. Being that the pilots on those boards are directly affected by the economy and feel the crunch immensely tend to be more labor focused. In part most of them are voting for Obama.

You come to this board where at these fractional everything is Rosy and business as usual... The economic slow down is not felt. But at the hint of a Obama presidency and taxes going up for those making 250K or better a year....Everyone is running for the hills.

Let me put it like this... If your customers can afford to fly across the country and world in a private jet...These tax hikes will not stop them from flying "private" aviation.

So that makes it all to take their money and redistribute it?

Even if that were true, the business owners, entrepreneurs, and capitalists that fly in corporate jets drive the economy. See my post a couple of pages ago.

Soaking the rich is proven to slow the economy and decrease tax revenues. On the other hand, it makes people in the lower tax brackets feel better about themselves.

You can't make everyone rich by taking money from the rich. You can only make everyone poor. We'll all be equally miserable.

BTW I'm a former 121 guy. Furloughed. Personal experience does not change economic laws.

Fractional owners will be the ones to bail out the airlines. You'd better try to preserve their capital.

Let me put it like this... If your customers can afford to fly across the country and world in a private jet...These tax hikes will not stop them from flying "private" aviation.
Why is flying down 10% now?

What costs "the rich" more ... repeal of the taxcuts for the rich ... or the increased price of Jet Fuel?

The price of jet fuel is miniscule compared to the tax increases to come.

Ok, I have to ask this question. In polls, people give the edge to Obama when it comes to the economy.

What exactly has he done to instill this confidence? What is giving him the advantage in the polls when it comes to the economy? Can someone please give me some examples?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back