Will NWA and the Mechs agree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WillowRunVortex said:
I went and told my wife. She read your post. She said you "sound" gay. She would know given her co-workers.
So the BEST retort your wife could come up with is "he sounds gay"...?

That's pretty fu*king weak, man... LOL

MY wife would find this all pretty amusing, except she's an office manager at a hospital and has no interest in the aviation industry as long as the check comes home. So much for the "gay" thing...

What was that about have a battle of wits with an unarmed person...? ;)

I do agree with one thing, the UPS pilots are one of the most millitant pilot groups I've heard of in YEARS... sure sounds good to see people drawing the line in the sand, and I SINCERELY hope that, when the time comes, the NWA pilot's MEC does the same and takes a walk, even if it means our side over at Pinnacle comes to a screeching halt along with them.

Lear70 said:
MY wife would find this all pretty amusing, except she's an office manager at a hospital and has no interest in the aviation industry as long as the check comes home. So much for the "gay" thing...

I SINCERELY hope that, when the time comes, the NWA pilot's MEC does the same and takes a walk, even if it means our side over at Pinnacle comes to a screeching halt along with them.

Pinnacle? What check? loser

P.S. And get that piece of respectable hardware off your avatar. Put in its place reality,,,Canadair loser jet. Loser

I see what your gig is now. You are a crusty has been that hired into PCL as a Captain, Dint ya? Man,,,you must HATE LIFE,,,LOL,,,loser

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
Pinnacle? What check? loser

P.S. And get that piece of respectable hardware off your avatar. Put in its place reality,,,Canadair loser jet. Loser
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is all the evidence you need regarding the intelligence and maturity level of this shining example in aviation named "Willow Run Vortex". :D

What check? The $8,000 I made last month. Not great at any level, but about the same thing I made at Express One on the 727, and speaking of which:

I flew the 727 for several years, including commanding that wonderful marvel of aviation in EXACTLY those colors you see, USPS Priority mail freight out of IND until FedEx took over and put us all out of a job, thankyouverymuch. I EARNED the right to use that avatar, so kindly piss the h*ll right off. :D

Oh, and by the way, I made Captain on that particular aircraft at 28 years old, and am only 33 now, but I kinda like "crusty"... has a nice ring to it, thanks. ;)

Lear70 said:
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is all the evidence you need regarding the intelligence and maturity level of this shining example in aviation named "Willow Run Vortex". :D

What check? The $8,000 I made last month. Not great at any level, but about the same thing I made at Express One on the 727, and speaking of which:

I flew the 727 for several years, including commanding that wonderful marvel of aviation in EXACTLY those colors you see, USPS Priority mail freight out of IND until FedEx took over and put us all out of a job, thankyouverymuch. I EARNED the right to use that avatar, so kindly piss the h*ll right off. :D

Oh, and by the way, I made Captain on that particular aircraft at 28 years old, and am only 33 now, but I kinda like "crusty"... has a nice ring to it, thanks. ;)

2 things,

1. Aint no way you earned 8000 in a month @ PCL.

2. I was teaching myself how to roll Learjets when I was 21. FACT.

I dont care if you have a shuttle launch under your belt. You fly a Challenger now bud. No pun intended. Nothing like working yourself backwards through aviation. How do you feel when each month the FO's get senior to you and bid your lines when they upgrade? Thats awsome. I am unleashing on your loser a$$ because you tried on me. Dont mess with a former YIP guy. He will eat your lunch,,, loser

Maturity level? You are obviuosly a classic "got screwed by aviation" example my friend. Sorry. The truth hurts man.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:

So you wore an FAA certified parachute while you were exceeding the design limits of the aircraft in question?

Man, don't go there. You're not impressing anyone. I don't think that I'd go on a public board and admit that I've busted regs intentionally.

erj-145mech said:
So you wore an FAA certified parachute while you were exceeding the design limits of the aircraft in question?

Man, don't go there. You're not impressing anyone. I don't think that I'd go on a public board and admit that I've busted regs intentionally.

Give me a break...no the FAA's not watching like your PVT instructor tells you.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
2 things,

1. Aint no way you earned 8000 in a month @ PCL.
Certainly there is. Pinnacle is paying 150% premium pay for ALL open time picked up last month and this month. I'm making $62 an hour (hardly stellar but liveable), and flew 99 hours and 48 minutes last month and credited 118 hours because of the overtime. I also was TDY in DTW earning 24/7 per diem paying about $1,000 a month. My gross this 16th paycheck was well over $6,000.

So you were young AND stupid. Impressive. :rolleyes:

I dont care if you have a shuttle launch under your belt. You fly a Challenger now bud. No pun intended. Nothing like working yourself backwards through aviation. How do you feel when each month the FO's get senior to you and bid your lines when they upgrade? Thats awsome. I am unleashing on your loser a$$ because you tried on me. Dont mess with a former YIP guy. He will eat your lunch,,, loser
Oh yes, you're doing a WONDERFUL job "eating my lunch"... :p Incidentally, there's only about two dozen guys senior to me that are F/O's now, and since they were here before me, they're WELCOME to whatever seniority they can hold. I'm simply grateful I was able to slide directly into a CA slot back in 2001 and didn't have to go back to crap on-demand Lear work.

Maturity level? You are obviuosly a classic "got screwed by aviation" example my friend. Sorry. The truth hurts man.
Yes... maturity level. You demonstrated it again.

Screwed by aviation? Yup. Twice. Not much I can do about it, except continue flying and try to enjoy life. Guess "the truth" isn't all that bad... things could be much, much worse.

Edit 1: I should say "BASE" pay is $62 an hour... with the 150% override it's $93.00 per hour.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
I was teaching myself how to roll Learjets when I was 21. FACT.

Since the gyro was used far in exceedence of it's design limits, you should be thankful no one was killed in one of those Lears after you flew it.

I must admit I know for a *FACT* what Lear make at PCL last month, all I have to do is look at his schedule. All of our CA's with decent seniority are making "good" money with the company offering premium pay on all open time picked up. If the company and ALPA agree to a retro to go along with the new pay rates then they should (theoretically) make a little extra from all the picked up flying when the the contract is finally finished.

Latest resources

Back