Will JetBlue ever fly trans-oceanic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
Trans Atlantic Turns? We all know precious violets can only get proper rest in their own flower beds at night.

You need to get drug tested.

Maybe when can get Mesa, I mean United Express, to fly those international routes for us. I heard once that you could launch an RJ into space, upon which it would use the moon's gravitational pull to slingshoot (a word?) itself to Charles deGaulle airport.

Little Duece said:
03/28/06 jetBlue (JBLU) $10.54
03/28/06 US Airways (LCC) $37.57

LD,

Looking at your qualifications and experience, I think you know better than to compare stock prices.

I know you work for US Airways, but you still should know better.

You need to compare overall value, fleet, business plan, etc.

JBLU stock price is a result of multiple splits. I can't remember when US Airways last split, even before this new stock was issued.

Your stock price is a result of, double trips to court, stripping all of the retirements of those who put most of their aviation carrer into your company (MySelf Included), and some people who wanted to roll the dice and invest in your company.

I honestly wish the best for the New US Airways, but calling it a low cost carrier is just wrong. It should be called a HCC.

DW

Without a union the concept of flying two types is not out of the realm of possibility. My cousin flys for Austrian Airlines (they use Lufthansa for their training).

From what he tells me their A340 pilots fly both the A340 and the A330. He also tells me that Lufthansa's pilots cross train.

Not having flown the Bus I would not know how difficult it is to transition from an A320 to an A330. He tells me it not that difficult, that the entire Airbus series (320,330 and 340) were designed with this in mind but the pilots unions were the ones that put the stop to this.

He says it's more common then you would think at small flag carriers that only operate a hand full of the larger airframes.

Before anyone starts on about how difficult this is, it's not. Corporate pilots have been doing it for years. In fact the airlines did it in the early sixties too. If you could do it with the 737 and the 757/767, this would have been law years ago but Boeing lobbies hard against this because they can't do it with their product. It's just another one of those things, like age 65 that is going to happen sooner then later.

Just wait until the 787 and the 797 share the same cockpit.

Last edited:
No, Virgin will be based in SFO. Nobody is going to leave London for SFO and transition back across the USA. Virgin would have to get much bigger in NY or BOS. Branson has no plans to dilute his Virgin brand with an LCC in those markets.

Why is it that LCC's doing international flying is so against their business strategy? It's ironic that most Legacy's are trying to expand their international flying, since they can make more money with larger yields, while LCC's are against doing so.

Why can't an LCC, like JetBlue, make money flying long-haul?

Flying Horses said:
Why is it that LCC's doing international flying is so against their business strategy? It's ironic that most Legacy's are trying to expand their international flying, since they can make more money with larger yields, while LCC's are against doing so.

Why can't an LCC, like JetBlue, make money flying long-haul?

We can. And this is how we will do it: http://wcco.com/seenon/local_story_087072741.html

We will reclassify all of our leases as loans ... go into bankruptcy and then reclassify all of our loans as gifts. And then we can buy Boeing's version of a plastic airplane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back