• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Flex ever open more bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They can't even get enough pilots into TEB and FLL as it is now. And that is what is hurting us. You got TEB pilots airlining to LAX and you got FLL airlining to DFW and you got DFW pilots airlining to TEB. What a freagin nightmare they put themselves in with this crap. Just open more bases already. Good grief, is it that big of a freaking deal to open more bases DG? I mean, the resources put into what they are doing now couldn't be any worse than having the option of having pilots scattered across the country evenly.

Its called "Future negotiations"

Is it 90 minutes from the Hub or any of the gateway cities listed? Also is EWR or TEB the Hub for the NY/NJ Gateway. How tight are they on the 90 minutes. I live less than 90 minutes from TEB but about 110 from EWR. Would that pass during an interview if I don't want to (ie can't) move?

Is it 90 minutes from the Hub or any of the gateway cities listed? Also is EWR or TEB the Hub for the NY/NJ Gateway. How tight are they on the 90 minutes. I live less than 90 minutes from TEB but about 110 from EWR. Would that pass during an interview if I don't want to (ie can't) move?

Absolutely. You get 90 minutes to get to the hub airport (EWR), plus 60 additional minutes whenever you have to go to any of the other airports in the NY gateway.

At the other gateways, the additional time varies.

Last edited:

Would not worry about it they are dying for EWR pilots. There are people who live in Harrisburg and southern parts of Jersey who cover EWR/TEB.

When looking for my new place, I asked "how do you determine if it's 90 minutes from the hub?" The answer was, "You tell us." My place mapquests out at 1:42 (but driveable in 1:20 without traffic or state police issues). No one complained and I got the check.

Thanks for all the answers. I'm attending the open house on the 8th and hopefully will be "Flexing" shortly thereafter.

Original Question:

Will Flex be opening any more bases?

True Answer:

NO!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back