• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Delta pilots protect ASA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Members of the ASA MEC and negotiating committee members are opining that it doesn't matter what the ASA cost structure is. They have been told by the Delta MEC, that ASA will be protected by the Delta MEC and that we are "golden".

Should we believe them?

Discuss.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh!!! Delta MEC is going to do whatever is best for the Delta pilots. If that is "protecting " ASA pilots, so be it. If on the other hand its best for Delta pilots to throw ASA "under the bus" so be it. Not really being critical of the Delta MEC. Thats exactly what a MEC should do (what is best for their group).

Members of the ASA MEC and negotiating committee members are opining that it doesn't matter what the ASA cost structure is. They have been told by the Delta MEC, that ASA will be protected by the Delta MEC and that we are "golden".

Should we believe them?

Discuss.

I didn't realize that the Delta MEC wrote the feeder contracts for Delta Air Lines. The point being, I don't think it matters very much who the MEC thinks should or should not be providing contract lift.

What sort of action do you think the Delta MEC would take to "defend" ASA? Issue a resolution? (whoop de do.)

As for posturing for votes, the only people who would probably give two $hits (and have a vote) are former ASA guys.

I wouldn't believe them further than you could throw them.

I didn't realize that the Delta MEC wrote the feeder contracts for Delta Air Lines. The point being, I don't think it matters very much who the MEC thinks should or should not be providing contract lift.

What sort of action do you think the Delta MEC would take to "defend" ASA? Issue a resolution? (whoop de do.)

As for posturing for votes, the only people who would probably give two $hits (and have a vote) are former ASA guys.

Well the Delta MEC could put it into their section 1, during section 6, a clause limiting the companies that DAL would contract with. Why would they spend negotiating capital on that?

I didn't say I believed it. I said that the ASA MEC is saying it.

There is truth to this. I expressed concern over the new Pinnacle TA, and I was told that Delta ALPA is going to "reward" us by limiting DCI flying to certain carriers and that ASA is one of them. Supposedly, this is coming from LM, the Delta MEC Chairman. I must admit, I am very sceptical. Sounds good, but I just don't trust them.

And LM plans to run for Prater's position, but can't win without ASA and CMR's votes. Expect lots of promises to be made and then reneged on right after the election.

Latest resources

Back