Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why would Allegiant Post A Job for Airbus Fleet Manager? Mistake?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is like any other airplane. A previous commenter noted "if you don't understand the Airbus, it'll violate you quick" and another one "what's it doing now?"

Violation from the Airbus standpoint is usually in the climb/descent phases with improper VNAV planning, things like an incorrect mode. Other than that, you're in control of the airplane. You can still take the autopilot off, FDs off, and do what you need the aircraft to do. As with any new airplane, it'll take some time to get used to it.

As another poster put it, as you get more experience on the plane, it's more like "There it goes again!" Truth be told, I'm new on the plane and at first I rejected the thought behind everything the plane was about. I'm slowly warming up to it and I'm really appreciating the amount of options it gives you to fly it. DES/CLB modes mixed with Auto Trust give me fits in nonstandard scenarios but the nice thing is that you can click it all off and fly it. I really appreciate the standardization of the panels and switches. I first gathered that from jumpseating on an MD-80.

Center tank "Caution Ecams" to turn them off and then back on...etc. It is a nice ride, but in the end...it is STILL FRENCH!! :D

Well, not quite. Some of the DC-9 components had been replaced by new stuff that didn't always like working with the remaining old stuff. Think of a merged seniority list. :p
HAHAHA, gotta love the "merged seniority list" comparison, funny but so true

Interesting that Allegiant would change the job title like that... Weird. Hope you guys do get some new birds to replace the Maddogs - plenty of European airlines shedding A320s and 737NGs...

I don't fly an Airbus, but I thought the following comment about the A320 from a NWA/Delta Captain was interesting when he said, "the Airbus will make bad pilots good and great pilots good." Everyone has an opinion... I agree that you can turn off much of the automation and fly it like normal - right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back