Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why would Allegiant Post A Job for Airbus Fleet Manager? Mistake?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to say the opposite is true.

Fair enough, I'll bite.

So how exactly is the airbus like any other airplane? From high speed protection to low speed stability, thrust lock to toga lock, side stick priority to the instinctive disconnects. Is it the last 30' where the a/c pitches over to force you to flare or multiple failures of redundant systems that change laws. More specifically the change in law when you put the gear down. Rate vs proportional input. Tell me how thats like any other airplane. In some cases you are not in control even with the autopilot off, think protection.

I agree it's not rocket science but to say its just like any other airplane is quite a stretch. I guess we can agree on one thing. When the world is in order the airbus will violate you quickly if your not paying attention to your FMA's.

:beer:

Last edited:
Fly by wire, yes...
Various "protections" yes...
Side stick, yes...
Side stick that doesn't move along with the other, yes...
Pilots tend to blame their inadequacies on the airplane because its an Airbus, yes...
But these things do not change the laws of physics that rule over all aircraft. Most of the guys critical of the Airbus have never flown it. It is far more conventional than unconventional. Automation can lead to complacency in any modern day airliner. I saw it in the MD80 as much as I do in the Airbus.

Latest resources

Back