Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WHY WHY WHY..why R we hiring 210 hr pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoy1981 said:
that are still way behind the airplane.

Bingo!!

Yes there are pilots all over the world flying heavy metal with 250 hours. But every hour of that experience was fine tuned in making that pilot ready for that particular position.

Give a 1000hr cessna/piper pilot 30 hours of training in a jet simulator, then toss them in it......it's gonna take a bit.

Give a 250hr A-340 F/O a piper...I'm sure it would be quite a show too, but at least things happen slower.

Piker

Last edited:
Are we talking about those new CAPT ***** that just were in a press release?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear what you're saying..but what I find the most is that they new guys to the airlines don't know what they're doing in the first place. Add a faster plane to the mix and it just adds to the problems. We should get paid more since there's been more mentoring going on than anything.

KeroseneSnorter said:
What airline is this? I want to know so I never put my family on them.

215 hours? I thought the few 800 hour guys I had as an F/O back in the TP days were bad. They were decent as long as you had good weather and nothing went wrong. They were pretty much a useless bag of meat in anything other than that.

215 hours right seat of an RJ? This has got to be a joke right.

This is just about every regional in the continental U.S. as well as a decent number of European and Asian airlines. I don't necessarily like it either, but ab initio is the way of the future. Only these folks will work for what the airlines will pay.

"Paid to fly? Gee Pa, doesn't that sound groovy?"
-Just about every single plane crazy kid at any 141 school you can name.

Latest resources

Back