Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why was PappaWoody and his thread deleted?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so thats why the general starting acting like a sycophant whenever he tries to flame someone. he doesn't want to get banned again by the man
He had been getting more and more aggressively demeaning and abusive in his posts, so he was given one last suspension and one final warning.

After that warning, he came back with a new attitude. Basically, everything in CAPS he types is all tongue-in-cheek sarcasm about being given a final warning - his "I must help other people" approach to FI these days.

It's amusing to read, and has actually had the intended result: he isn't as abusive in his responses as he used to be, but still gets his point across exceedingly well. We may or may not personally agree with what he says, but as long as he stays within the ToS and doesn't turn posts into personal attacks against another user, or posts laced with profanity or other ToS violations, he's free to post his opinion, as is everyone else.

p.s. I've been a bit busy and forgot to mention earlier: To the Southwest Pilot who was upset about the CEO quotes going away that you had to research, I still have access to the deleted thread, I'd be happy to copy them and PM them to you or re-post them in this thread. I didn't necessarily agree with your points made with them, but understand they represent quite a bit of work to research and post for you and would be happy to make sure you have them back for future discussion.

Regards,

If you want an answer, you'll have to email the WEBMASTER! That is, the website OWNER...

Tempting, the last guy who did that go BANNED.

Disappointing.

Shag.. thanks for being a member since May 16 2002...

Ok my bad, it hasn't been 11 years for "Shagadelic". Back in the day we didn't have to pay 10 bucks to change screen names. You are absolutely correct. "Shagadelic" has been a member since 2002. I guess since I was on flightinfo prior to getting on with SWA, and have been with SWA for over 10 years, I used 11 years... Was that supposed to be some sort of dig at my honesty?

Meanwhile, I'm still curious why somebody hired 2 years after I was hired, making half my pay, thinks he deserves to be senior to me.

Meanwhile, I'm still curious why somebody hired 2 years after I was hired, making half my pay, thinks he deserves to be senior to me.

Objectively, they don't deserve to be senior to you.

Since the Airtran pilots are getting an incredible increase in pay, benefits and scheduling enhancements, the Southwest guys should get at least DOH with relative seniority guarantees.

Buying someones airline is different than two airlines deciding to merge operations. My guess is the Airtran pilots will end up happy with the compensation and quality of life increases where the Southwest pilots will be happy with their relative seniority increases. No arbitrator is going to give it all to Airtran with no gains experienced for the Southwest pilots.

and Midge, I am sorry we are so pathetic of a site that this is the only place you find the time to post... I am sure if you look hard enough here are some web sites that will enjoy your complaints..

Thanks for proving my point on the lousy moderating on this fourm.;)
And yes, it still is pathetic.

He had been getting more and more aggressively demeaning and abusive in his posts, so he was given one last suspension and one final warning.

After that warning, he came back with a new attitude. Basically, everything in CAPS he types is all tongue-in-cheek sarcasm about being given a final warning - his "I must help other people" approach to FI these days.

As irritating as the general is , he has a point of he does bring a lot discussion to FI. He is by far the most entertaining poster on FI. JMO ( If I owned FI I would never ban the General, no matter how irritating he can be) :)

Lear,

I wasn't knocking you. I was simply saying that Papa came out swinging and got booted. If he would have started BEFORE the acquisition announcement he would have been just another poster. I still don't get what TOS he violated. Maybe the "I don't agree with you and it's MY webpage" section.

Yes, I was talking about someone being pissed after the SLI. Hopefully it will be you guys! :D Just like you guys hope it's WN guys that are pissed.

Gup

Lear,

I wasn't knocking you. I was simply saying that Papa came out swinging and got booted. If he would have started BEFORE the acquisition announcement he would have been just another poster. I still don't get what TOS he violated. Maybe the "I don't agree with you and it's MY webpage" section.
Wish I knew what to tell you, but honestly, the page I can view for members shows he is in no way restricted from logging in, not banned at all and showing as an active member...?

Yes, I was talking about someone being pissed after the SLI. Hopefully it will be you guys! :D Just like you guys hope it's WN guys that are pissed.

Gup
Heh heh... quite honestly, I hope NO ONE is P.O.'d... But then again, Murphy was an optimist. ;)

Good luck to everyone, despite all the back-and-forth, I still look forward to flying with you guys and gals! :)

I'M BACK, BABYDOLL! And I'm a fully reformed member of the community! ;) I will offer this olive branch, though...my complaints about Lear's moderating were my opinion only, and may have been slightly influenced by my difference of opinions vis a vis how we stand with respect to the SLI. 'Nuff said - there will be no more complaints from this cowboy on that front. On the other hand, I plan on continuing (eventually) my robust support of every Southwest Pilot's position as it pertains to the upcoming SLI. AAI guys understand that I have no hard feelings towards you guys preaching relativity (in your place, I would be right there witcha), so please don't take personal offense to my testimony as to why that just ain't gonna float (imo). At the end of the day/process, we will all hug it out, beetches. Peace!

Fraternally,
PapaW

PS Thanks to all the ardent supporters that kept PW afloat during his (dare I say unjustified?) sabbatical. "You like me, you really like me..." - except for those who hate me...lol :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back