WHY there is a strike vote at DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tie1on said:
delta pilots have never had astrike. so what makes you think they will have the balls this time

Again, do you understand the ramifications? If the contract is THROWN OUT (this isn't just another TA vote), then all protections go bye bye. All merger protections, even the seniority list. Why again would people vote no to that? Is this making sense to you yet? This really is different. And, as I said before, the 8% at NW who did vote NO were likely over age 60 FEs still flying the panel on the 747-200 and DC10. They had nothing to lose.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
SplitBar said:
General, the entire contract isn't thrown out. Only what was on managements final term sheet is imposed while the rest of the contract remains in full force.

They are doing an 1113c, which is to "THROW THE CONTRACT OUT." They can decide what they like or dislike at anytime. If they want zero scope (which is one thing they want), they can have it. IF they want zero merger protection, they got it. IF they want to be able to do anything they want, they can have it. WE WON'T ALLOW THAT. Would you allow unlimited scope? Would you allow unlimited codeshares? At the last ALPA briefing I just attended they stated the fact that no contract means no fragmentation protection, no merger protection, etc. Those are all VERY important, and I am willing to sink this thing over SCOPE alone. Every FO and half the Captains agree with me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
My understanding is that Delta management must ask for, and get approval from the bankruptcy judge, to void sections of the contract that they want relief from. Delta doesn't get to throw out the ENTIRE contract (I am not a lawyer, but a contract is still a contract in this country).

And yes, I do have a dog in this fight, my wife is a Delta pilot.

If I am wrong about this let me know.

Champ42272

Jetsetter said:
Do you work for Delta ? If not SHUT UP, you have no clue what you are talking about. The jobs and livelihoods of thousands of people are at stake.

DALPA is serious about a strike if it comes to that, but you had better believe they are working very very hard to avoid one. Can that be said for management ? I don't think so.

So just go away A$$ HOLE...

You can "SHUT UP also jackass. They won't walk, I don't care how many thousands of people are at stake.

Moderator reviewed, warning sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
General Lee said:
Again, do you understand the ramifications? If the contract is THROWN OUT (this isn't just another TA vote), then all protections go bye bye. All merger protections, even the seniority list. Why again would people vote no to that? Is this making sense to you yet? This really is different. And, as I said before, the 8% at NW who did vote NO were likely over age 60 FEs still flying the panel on the 747-200 and DC10. They had nothing to lose.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, again, the entire contract isn't thrown out. It doesn't become a free for all for mgmt to do whatever they want and throw away the seniority list. ONLY what was on mgmt's final term sheet is imposed by the BK Judge. The rest of the contract remains in full force. Comprehendo??

General Lee said:
They are doing an 1113c, which is to "THROW THE CONTRACT OUT." They can decide what they like or dislike at anytime. If they want zero scope (which is one thing they want), they can have it. IF they want zero merger protection, they got it. IF they want to be able to do anything they want, they can have it. WE WON'T ALLOW THAT. Would you allow unlimited scope? Would you allow unlimited codeshares? At the last ALPA briefing I just attended they stated the fact that no contract means no fragmentation protection, no merger protection, etc. Those are all VERY important, and I am willing to sink this thing over SCOPE alone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, again, the entire contract isn't thrown out. It doesn't become a free for all for mgmt to do whatever they want and throw away the seniority list. ONLY what was on mgmt's final term sheet is imposed by the BK Judge. The rest of the contract remains in full force. Comprehendo??

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes General Lee, it makes total sense to me. From previous companies I know what you are saying. Without a contract work rules are gone and they can and will beat you up ... you don't like it, they show you the door.

Yes General Lee, if the contract gets thrown out, strike! You and the rest have too! Management will have complete power to do anything they wish and will, regardless of what you the pilot have to say.

I support you General and all that strike. I WILL HONOR YOUR PICKET LINE!

RJ

SplitBar said:

Sounds good, excpet everything they want is VERY IMPORTANT. What would you do? ALPA said we aren't flying without a contract, or without importatnt protections. If it weren't so bad, why have we started the strike talk and opened the strike center, with a strike vote pending? Sounds like it is important, and the things they are demanding are way over the top. We won't allow it. Comprendo?

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJones said:
Yes General Lee, it makes total sense to me. From previous companies I know what you are saying. Without a contract work rules are gone and they can and will beat you up ... you don't like it, they show you the door.

Yes General Lee, if the contract gets thrown out, strike! You and the rest have too! Management will have complete power to do anything they wish and will, regardless of what you the pilot have to say.

I support you General and all that strike. I WILL HONOR YOUR PICKET LINE!

RJ

Thank you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good luck with this,,,But there's a lot of us who remember Delta saddling ALPA with Hank Duffy during the 80's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back