WHY there is a strike vote at DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

The only reason we would strike is if the CONTRACT IS THROWN OUT. What would happen if the contract is thrown out? Your merger protection is GONE. Your fragmentation protection is GONE. (parts of the company could be sold off) The seniority list is GONE. If they decided to sell the MD88s, they could furlough all of the MD88 pilots, including the Captains---GONE. Your pay guarantee---GONE. SCOPE----GONE BABY, GONE. (CFIT would jump up and down like a retarded Clown) Get the picture yet?

This is serious, and flying without a contract would leave us open to ANYTHING. That is why we would strike.

Why did NW only have a 92% YES vote and only 90% of the pilots voted? Probably because they have FE's--Flight Engineers---that are over 60 years old still flying their 747-200s (pax, but mainly Cargo out of ANC) and DC-10s. Most of their trips are long, requiring quite a few of them. They are happy to still be flying, and probably need to be flying. I would guess that they would try to avoid a strike so they could keep their income flowing. I bet most of the no votes came from them. DL does not have any FEs left, and only 250 guys over 55 years old.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you're basically saying that flying without a concract is not worth having the job. Even though striking would probably shut the company down, at least you take some dignity and pride with you. Good luck GL, I know many fine folks over at big D.

180ToTheMarker said:
So you're basically saying that flying without a concract is not worth having the job. Even though striking would probably shut the company down, at least you take some dignity and pride with you. Good luck GL, I know many fine folks over at big D.

That is correct. Flying without a contract means all of your protections are gone, and you are open to anyting and everything. Not good. Our mechanics have no contract, and most are getting the axe. The only reason we would strike is because the contract would be thrown out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

delta pilots have never had astrike. so what makes you think they will have the balls this time

tie1on said:
delta pilots have never had astrike. so what makes you think they will have the balls this time

That's what I have been saying for a while now. They are nothing but hot air. They don't have the balls to spit. They will cave. I doubt very seriously they will walk. They are full of ALPA B.S. and their own egos.

I have never worked for Delta so the General could probably answer this better than I but here goes: In the past Delta has had a family type atmosphere. Management got promoted from within and always had a pretty good working realtionship with the pilots. But Ron Allen changed all that. Then Leo and now Greenstien. The trust is gone. Maybe Delta guys have always had the balls to strike, they just never needed to. Now may be the time. This is just my opinion from the outside looking in.

General Lee said:
The only reason we would strike is if the CONTRACT IS THROWN OUT. What would happen if the contract is thrown out? Your merger protection is GONE. Your fragmentation protection is GONE. (parts of the company could be sold off) The seniority list is GONE. If they decided to sell the MD88s, they could furlough all of the MD88 pilots, including the Captains---GONE. Your pay guarantee---GONE. SCOPE----GONE BABY, GONE. (CFIT would jump up and down like a retarded Clown) Get the picture yet?

This is serious, and flying without a contract would leave us open to ANYTHING. That is why we would strike.

Why did NW only have a 92% YES vote and only 90% of the pilots voted? Probably because they have FE's--Flight Engineers---that are over 60 years old still flying their 747-200s (pax, but mainly Cargo out of ANC) and DC-10s. Most of their trips are long, requiring quite a few of them. They are happy to still be flying, and probably need to be flying. I would guess that they would try to avoid a strike so they could keep their income flowing. I bet most of the no votes came from them. DL does not have any FEs left, and only 250 guys over 55 years old.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, the entire contract isn't thrown out. Only what was on managements final term sheet is imposed while the rest of the contract remains in full force.

Einstein said:
That's what I have been saying for a while now. They are nothing but hot air. They don't have the balls to spit. They will cave. I doubt very seriously they will walk. They are full of ALPA B.S. and their own egos.

Do you work for Delta ? If not SHUT UP, you have no clue what you are talking about. The jobs and livelihoods of thousands of people are at stake.

DALPA is serious about a strike if it comes to that, but you had better believe they are working very very hard to avoid one. Can that be said for management ? I don't think so.

So just go away A$$ HOLE...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back