WHY o Why??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skybus

As generally a lurker on here I cannot help but to wonder Why o Why do so many of you folks have so much interest and hostility towards us at WN.

I began my career in a different era, just the beginning of deregulation when there was a genuine bond that tied us all together. After one BK, I hooked up with this outfit for what has been one hell of a ride. Not exactly what I had intially looked for in aviation, but what is today? What I did find was a company where we ALL love out job, coworkers, company and our customers. We work hard and have a great time doing it as well. Not always at the top of the charts pay wise but with a little extra effort (I know that is a bad thing, NOT) my W-2 was always relatively comperable to that of anybody flyling a narrow body a/c. (infact often with a little more hard work could better that of many)

Why o Why is it percieved by so many here that a little extra effort to help enable OUR company to prosper and grow, a bad thing? I once read a thread here where some fool on here scolded another for helping to clean up the a/c. Are you kidding me? Push wheel chairs? I'm Not afraid of being confused as a sky cap by grandma. Sorry if that might bruise your ego Captain. Come to think of it you might even have a chance to spend a little time with the same folks that assure YOU of your next paycheck.

Why o Why must you constantly look for us to fail? Looking for company in your miserable little world where apparently you hate your job, company, fellow workers, managers and customers. Come to think of it u must just "plane" hate life.

I will continue to enjoy slow and steady knowing that this is generally what wins the race and know that MY tomorrow will be full of good fortune, fun and security "relative" as long as we continue down this road that leads us to 15 hours in LBB. :)

Good night and thanks for reading.

Bus

As generally a lurker on here I cannot help but to wonder Why o Why do so many of you folks have so much interest and hostility towards us at WN.

Good night and thanks for reading.

Bus
We're jealous.

Good night and you're welcome.

P.S. Please stop lurking.

WN is the first airline I have worked at where customer service is how they do business. My first day at work, the first words on the first day of training were, "Welcome to Southwest Airlines. We are ecstatic to have you here. WE ARE A CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY BOTH TO OUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS OUR FELLOW EMPLOYEES. IT'S WHO WE ARE." Never heard that before with that intensity and conviction. And that's the way it has been since. You will seem some whining and complaining here and there, but when I'm working, it's pretty amazing. If you haven't experienced that, then you are missing what few companies in this country offer. That's what this airline is like. That from a 21 year jaded airline jock....

I have flown on 90% of the US's airlines as a passenger. Some who are no longer in business. The idea that the customer needs the airline more than the airline needs the customer is dead. Customer service is where it's at.

SWA has a proven business model that has kept them doing very, very well while other airlines have been treading water, if not drowned already. Is every SWA employee a happy employee, of course not. Infact, I was offered a job at Southwest over then years ago and should have taken it. SWA has survived the airline downturn after 9/11 and especially now, the "Great Recession" as some people are calling it. I don't think they have ever furloughed a pilot in their 30+ year history. The pilots who work for Soutwest should be very thankful that they work for a good company. Whether you like or dislike SWA, you can't argue with the success they have had over the years!

Bus,

It comes from all the folks who rode the wrong horse and are pissed off about it. My best friend just had his 10 year anniversary at UAL - furloughed.

As you well know you can look back over the past 20 years and see Braniff was king, then Eastern was King, then TWA was King. Western. National 1, Frontier 1. They are ALL GONE!

United was the shizzle in the 90's. Delta bought the company a 767 for Gods sake.

It's now OUR turn to have great schedules and sit very high on the pay chart.

I for one, will do my part to appreciate it and try to help this great company continue to prosper.

Am I always happy? No way. I am pretty vocal about MY opinons because I care. I call BS when I see one of our employees treat customers poorly. I hope you will do the same.

I do miss Herb.

Gup

As you well know you can look back over the past 20 years and see Braniff was king, then Eastern was King, then TWA was King. Western. National 1, Frontier 1. They are ALL GONE!

United was the shizzle in the 90's. Delta bought the company a 767 for Gods sake.

It's now OUR turn to have great schedules and sit very high on the pay chart.

Are you saying you're the next to go? Because that's what you're implying in your response.

Latest resources

Back