• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why not back to the table?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:confused:What are you guys talking about? Is there an airline involved in this?

You've been here how long? Don't you know by now that this is the unofficial ASA message board? :)
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was the unofficial Jet Blue union message board

Excellent points. In fact, without rigs I can see them intentionally (not just randomly) setting up maximum airport appreciation time, as this gives them additional "ready reserve" coverage.

I'm all for being fair and reasonable--I don't need an increase in min day, as I didn't really earn the extra if I just do one leg home in the morning. But duty rigs are completely fair and reasonable, as they prevent the company from retaining us on their property for the potential use of our services without pay. And if the company is smart, they cost the company NOTHING. Rig loss alone is reason to vote NO.

That's exactly what happened at Comair.

In the case of Comair, they had decided to wind us down long before any concessions. All the concessions did was make us shearer while they closed shop. Don't for one second think they haven't already decided your fate. The vote will not change the plan they have already made.

I thought management has said wind down if you vote no. If that is the case, the wind down decision has already been made.

They said a no vote makes it difficult to avoid a wind down because airplanes are coming off cpa's and we are not bidding on anything else. It's not a bluff and not a lie but a no vote is not an inevitable wind down

They said a no vote makes it difficult to avoid a wind down because airplanes are coming off cpa's and we are not bidding on anything else. It's not a bluff and not a lie but a no vote is not an inevitable wind down

And yet they are not claiming that a yes vote will avoid a wind down either.

Latest resources

Back