• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why No Foam on Runway for JetBlue Landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The guy used all but about 1000 feet of that 12000 runway. I think I probably would have rather deferred on the foam due to what it would do to braking action.

Gotcha, all makes sense. Now who makes this call on the foam?? Im assuming PIC can trump anyones call for foaming the runway?

From what I have heard foaming the runway has almost become a thing of the past.

Luckily I have never needed it.

One of the problems with the foam is keeping directional control of the airplane when it lands. In this case not only could it have gone off the end of the runway but it could have slid off the side of the runway and created a real accident.

I was wondering about the amount of runway left after stopping. Would the pilots have avoided using breaks as long as possible after the nose gear was down?

Fly_Chick said:
I was wondering about the amount of runway left after stopping. Would the pilots have avoided using breaks as long as possible after the nose gear was down?

Just a guess...but when you apply the breaks it transfers alot of the weight to the nose of the airplane. I have a feeling they didnt want anymore weight on the nose that was totally necessary. Just a guess

Latest resources

Back