Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why NetJets will..... put themselves out of work.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cvoav8r said:
Dear NetJets Pilots,

From those of us who no longer care that you are on the verge of strike: Bring it. We charter pilots only stand to make more when you fail to understand the economics of your situation and make rash decisions as a result. Yes, anyway you slice it you make less. However your schedule, and domiciles available are something you won't see after you push yourselves out of work and our forced to join our ranks. You are the creators of your own predictament, and hopefully you won't do long term damage to business aviation while you seek to sqeeze blood out of beets. The bottom line...your bretheren in charter don't care anymore, in fact in recent discussions I have agreed with many others, when you destroy yourselves there will be many more opportunities for the rest of us.

Cheers,

:::Yawn:::

BN2A said:
What this "tool" fails to realize is that, when NetJets pilot get a pay raise, we all get a pay raise! Because they are such a large amount of pilots flying the same equipment as you and I, high wages at NetJets brings a higher "industry standard." A rising tide lifts all boats.

Dont settle for less NetJet Pilots, many of us are counting on you! Get what you are WORTH!

I already make more money than NetJet pilots flying similar a/c

Plus

I was directly hired into the right seat of the G200. I did not have to wait in a long line to move into a super-mid. I negotioated a great starting salary and upgraded to left seat in less than one year. And NO, I did not PFT.

I know of several pilot friends who have left the fractionals to return to part 135/91. Biggist complaints: Low pay, low morale, heavy work load, petty politics, seat lock.

aeronautic1 said:
I was directly hired into the right seat of the G200. I did not have to wait in a long line to move into a super-mid. I negotioated a great starting salary and upgraded to left seat in less than one year. And NO, I did not PFT.

I know of several pilot friends who have left the fractionals to return to part 135/91. Biggist complaints: Low pay, low morale, heavy work load, petty politics, seat lock.

I am as happy as I can be for you. What are you doing here? Why the interest in fractionals and NJA?

Whether you want to work for NJA or not, care about the future of NJA or not, or plan on making corporate or 135 flying a career you should be interested in the outcome of the NJA negotiations.

Why? because what we do will directly and indirectly affect you. Our work rules, salaries and benefits WILL affect you.

The NJA pilot group has the potential to affect the entire industries wages, benefits and overall standards. If we settle for a lower than standard wage many corporate owners may begin to compare your salaries to ours based on days worked or hours flown. Conversely if we sign for a large wage increase those same arguments can be used to affect a larger raise for a non-frac pilot. The same will be argued for benefits.

I do not pretend to think that NJA or the pilot group is any more that it is, which is still yet to be determined, but I do see the future impacts we can have. Non of us go to work hoping to put any charter or corporate flight departments out of business. On the contrary it upsets many NJA pilots who would like the option to return to a corporate setting.

In short, what we do has the potential to make large scale industry changes. With that thought in mind it is not us versus you. We are looking for a career as are you.

Lrjet55 said:
because what we do will directly and indirectly affect you. Our work rules, salaries and benefits WILL affect you.

The NJA pilot group has the potential to affect the entire industries wages, benefits and overall standards. If we settle for a lower than standard wage many corporate owners may begin to compare your salaries to ours based on days worked or hours flown.

You already have settled for lower than industry pay and hours. Why hasn't that affected us?

Also, many of us are not looking for a career. We already have one...

I think the guy was trying to say that a company as big as NJA with low salaries and more noteriety will be bad in the long run. I know I have talked to some smaller outfits that are basing their salaries on what NJA is paying their pilots. This is not a good thing. We get paid sh!t and work our butts off. We're here of our own doing but the industry shouldnt suffer for what those before us did, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back