• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why MESA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my life has gotten better since mesa! it's what you make of it, and how much you let the system beat you down! sure, i maybe shuda waited till sky west called, but they didnt!

Bing

I heard SkyWest judges applicants on their writing ability including spelling and punctuation.

All of CFIse posts may be summarized thusly:

1. "All regionals are equal. There is no difference in Q.O.L. or pay for any of them."

(Demonstrably and patently untrue. It is an outrageous lie. In his latest post, he implies ALL U.S. carriers are just like Mesa! This is actually funny, because apparently, he expects you to believe it!)

2. "If you don't like Mesa, quit."

(Excellent advice, and Mesa pilots are doing their best to follow it . . roughly 12% of the total pilots this year alone. "Get your time and get out" doesn't cut it under Mesa's current work rules)

3. "Why don't you come to Mesa? It's great!"

(sigh)

You might want to take a basic reading course before you sit down at the computer again.

1. All regionals are not equal, and Mesa certainly isn't number 1 - however, it's not as bad as people would paint. It's not great, but it's not horrible.

2. Amen.

3. Nope - if Mesa works for you and you're an adult then you'll be fine at Mesa. If you can't handle actually having to work for a living you might want to try and find a job where that's not necessary, but good luck with that.

You might want to take a basic reading course before you sit down at the computer again.

1. All regionals are not equal, and Mesa certainly isn't number 1 - however, it's not as bad as people would paint. It's not great, but it's not horrible.

Then is it as bad as you guys paint? When you share a crewroom, other people hear and see your dirty laundry. It's scary what you guys have to put up with.

2. Amen.

3. Nope - if Mesa works for you and you're an adult then you'll be fine at Mesa. If you can't handle actually having to work for a living you might want to try and find a job where that's not necessary, but good luck with that.

A picture springs to mind- Who built the pyramids?

Many died building them. Ask them if they liked having to work for a living.

How many of SkyWest newhires are ex-Mesa???

Does anybody know what $$$ Mesa's contract is?

2. Amen.

Merely summarizing your previous posts. You may summarize mine by stating that "SVT thought Mesa was a good regional a few years back, but has watched it go down the tubes and would not recommend it to anyone at the present time."

I'll put my work record against any pilots in the company. I don't call in sick (over 4 months worth in sick bank), I worked during my vacation during the "please help us" last year, and I've reduced my minimum days off to below minimum guarantee more times than I can count.

Working for a living is fine. Working so hard so you can't have a life isn't. Mesa turned that corner a long time ago, and doesn't give it's flight crews a choice in the matter.

When Mesa started making pilots and flight attendants sleep in airplanes, they crossed a line of common decency. And safety too, I might add.

Last edited:
And with a post like that I can see why Skywest never called. The guys at Mesa that are currently accepting jobs there are 1) uneducated about the industry or 2) at Mesa because as Bing stated no one else thought they were worthy of offering a job to.

Haha true, but that doesn't sound MUCH better than RAH!

Latest resources

Back