Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is "stewardess" no longer acceptable?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugawe

What FAA ticket do they have?

Flight Attendant Tickets.

FAs get a Flight Attendant Certificate of Demonstrated Proficiency.

It is not an Airmen's Certificate, and carries none of the requirements and liabilities. They don't even have to carry it when flying.

A friend of mine working for the GSO fsdo said the FA certificate was something the flight attendant unions were pushing for and the only reason is so they can sign jumpseat agreements with other airlines in the future; when jumpseating, they’ll need some kind of FA “certificate “ for identification purposes and that’s why they're now being issued FA certificates. Currently it’s pretty hard for the FA’s to jumpseat on airlines (other than their own). Not sure how true that is but that’s what he said.

Now they also have FAA certificates, so just expect them not to like "stewardess" or "hostess" (corruptible to "hostitute" ;) ), any more than we want to hear airplane "driver" or "operator".

If you believe this comparison, then you believe the guy out mowing the grass should be equal to the MBA inside making multi-million dollar decisions. The guy mowing is sweatin' his butt off and working 'hard', but he's being paid for what he's doing - nothing more. The MBA gets paid for what he 'knows', not necessarily what he does daily.

Fugawe

Huh????

Christ! Don't you people even read posts before pounding out comments?

Oh yeah, this is flightinfo.

That is not a very nice response. You are probably an ox yourself and have no social skills and have probably never been laid because you are a dumbass.

That is not a very nice response. You are probably an ox yourself and have no social skills and have probably never been laid because you are a dumbass.

Her first post and Lynette comes out swingin'! You're gonna do just fine here at flightinfo! Welcome aboard. ;)

Waitress In The Sky

by Replacements

album: Tim (1985)

(One, two, three, four)She don't wear no pants and she don't wear no tie Always on the ball, she's always on strike Struttin' up the aisle, big deal you get to fly You ain't nothing but a waitress in the sky You ain't nothing but a waitress in the sky Paid my fare, don't wanna complain You get to me, you're always outta champagne Treat me like a bum, don't wear no tie' Cause you ain't nothing but a waitress in the sky You ain't nothing but a waitress in the sky And the sign says "Thank you very much for not smoking "My own sign says "I'm sorry I'm smoking" Don't treat me special, oh don't kiss my ass Treat me like the way they treat 'em up in first class Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer Garbage man, a janitor and you, my dear A reunion flight attendant, my oh my You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back