• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is NetJets TA Unfair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand your concern about work rules, but I've always thought it wise to compare similar items. I don't compare my salary to airline wages because I'm not an airline pilot and because they are organized labor and I am not. Our compensation relects that difference (with the exception of non-union JetBlue). Airline pilots are paid by the hour and have, in some cases, A Plans and B plans. I am salaried, considered to be a part of management and am compensated accordingly with stock options, a stock purchase plan, a retirement plan, a bonus plan, an Executive Savings plan on top of the 401k and so forth. My compensation plan reflects that of other major corporate flight departments.

As my compensation is significantly different from that of fractional pilots so do my departmental responsibilities differ significantly from those of fractional pilots.

My question, therefore, is why do you guys continue to compare your pay with NBAA salaries? You are clearly not NBAA, you are fractional and should compare your pay, benefits and work rules with that of other fractional companies - not corporate flight departments.

I bet Boisture has told you the same thing.

Okay i'll jump.

Why should i go reverse in work rules. We aren't even talking wages here we are comparing our current contract with the POS TA.

What differences do you ask? Well for one I now have to get in after midnight on my last day to get two days pay. With the TA I'd have to get in after 3am.

On my last day once i'm done I'm done. With the pos TA i would still be required to be on duty till 2pm

With TA scope clause says Netjets not BRK

In the TA the CVR can be used for disciplinary action.

In the current contract we have 7n7 biddable 4 times a year. The TA was I twice a year.

In the current contract they can not slide my 7n7 for anything except training. With the TA they can slide the TA depending on peak times of the year.

So not even comparing my job with yours you can see why this TA sucked.Oh and nobody even cares what Boisture says. he'll be gone in a year or two and some other "white knight" will come in and take care of buisness.

Compare.

We were promised by management that this would be "The Best Job in Aviation"...

Therefore I compare to any section of aviation I want.

We have a formula that takes NBAA wages and adds a correction factor to that for the greater productivity of Fractional pilots.... Many of us have this information and it works out just by glancing at the figure to be about maybe 1.25 times the NBAA 90th percenetile. Thats what we want. We don't want NBAA we want more....

The missing link

FAcFriend, since you asked...:) What you are failing to take into account is the human element in this story. Others have done the same. In all the talk of issues and figures, one should not lose sight of the fact that these are real people who truly feel that they have been wronged. 1800 plus pilots and their families waited up to 3 yrs for an insulting TA and then suffered thru grossly mismanaged/illegal voting procedures. They've fought the company, the local (union chapter), and their own elected leaders. The classic case of the small guy against corporate greed is not without merit, and their story of being soldout by their own MEC has drawn attention, and often support, from many sources. The groups unity, determination, and steadfast belief (82% voted no) in the rightness of their cause will give their new leadership a great deal of leverage when they resume contract talks. Wages haven't risen in 6 years, but the pilots' experience/flying hours certainly did. More than demographics, in the pilot force, has changed there. There is a new mind-set and phrases like self-worth are commonly heard.

The reputation of the company drew pilots to the interview; promises of a great contract just around the corner got them to sign on. Whether or not NJA is able to retain these skilled aviators, remains to be seen. Do keep in mind that a huge number of them could not be replaced all at once. There is strength in numbers, and 82%, I believe, is just the beginning.

GEXDriver, the company has expanded rapidly in the last few years, building the business on the backs of the pilots. At 75% of the fractional industry, those pilots have already EARNED an industry-leading contract. Who better to say what a frac pilot should be paid than those who have been leading the industry?

gunfyter said:
Compare.

We have a formula that takes NBAA wages and adds a correction factor to that for the greater productivity of Fractional pilots....
How do you measure productivity? I don't generate revenue - I'm a productivity multiplier for the executive staff in my company.

Many of us have this information and it works out just by glancing at the figure to be about maybe 1.25 times the NBAA 90th percenetile. Thats what we want. We don't want NBAA we want more....
That would be about $158,818.00 for a Falcon Captain. Good luck - rates like that would drive up the pay for everybody in the industry.

Ummmm, let's see-- greater productivity by producing less, OK. That Gunfyter is really good. Just do not tell those $160k Falcon people that there are a bunch of people around here wanting to do that for half price.

gunfyter said:
I just transferred all my investments to Stock and Real Estate. Look for DOW 11000 by Christmas and 13000+ by summer. NASD will grow faster..
Which stocks are you in? Looks like you know some sh!t about economics.

Just saw USAToday article says Corporate jet is back in style. $160K for Falcon Captain sounds a little low. Thats to start right?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back