• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is NetJets TA Unfair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe the "different animal" is a reference to their favored /"pet" status as compared to NJA? :( I doubt that is really what Publishers means, but it seems to be the difference mentioned most by the NJA pilots who are tired of being the "poor cousin" of the BH family.

If I remember right, EJI was a joint venture with Gulfstream and they insisted that things be done a certain way and Netjets agreed.

There are considerable differences between flying a mostly domestic system and random international flights.

Is EJM considered the same thing as Netjets? The fact is that if Netjets for some reason bought Airnet tomorrow, it is a different business than what you are in now. Does that mean their pilots out to be under the same deal as yours?

Publishers said:
If I remember right, EJI was a joint venture with Gulfstream and they insisted that things be done a certain way and Netjets agreed.

There are considerable differences between flying a mostly domestic system and random international flights.

Is EJM considered the same thing as Netjets? The fact is that if Netjets for some reason bought Airnet tomorrow, it is a different business than what you are in now. Does that mean their pilots out to be under the same deal as yours?
Just as I thought. What exactly is the difference between NJI and NJA? I'm still waiting to hear your version. Now you are asking about EJM. You have some homework to do before coming here and trying to educate the pilots in this business.
Please explain this one to us too....

Publishers said:
NJI was and is a different animal.
I think the biggest differences are that EJI is non-union, they lost money every year for the last 3 years, and they are paid much more than NJA unionized pilots.
There goes your theory that you have to be profitable to demand higher salaries. You just have to convince the CEO to rob the unionized folks to pay the non-union folks.

Is or is not this company still a joint deal with Gulfstream???Was it not geared for the Gulfstream and BBJ aircraft? To my best recollection, this was their concept for fractional Gulfstream and BBJ aircraft. Gulfstream insisted that it be separate from Netjets and that the pilot group be separate, partially because they did not want to deal with the kind of stuff we are seeing right now. They wanted the deal based at SAV.

EJM was to offer management services to people who did not want to do the share bit but wanted their aircraft chartered. I have three of these deals on the premises now.

Frankly Majik I do not try and remember all the history of these companies. In the mid eighties, I was in discussions with EJA about an executive position if the company was not sold.

Educating pilots in this business is more of a challenge than I want this late in life. I used to make some of mine study the company financials so they would have a better grasp on how difficult it is. Most figured out they would rather fly the plane.

NJW- My brother in law was a corporate pilot (in reference to your NBAA salary comment) I cannot acess this btw. He was not home 11 days a month. And when he was home he still had to go the office from 9-5. They moved to 3 different states with the same company in 6 years. Do your guys have to go in to the office when they are home?

If your benefits are better then Champus they must be outstanding.

Re; Retirement I dont know any cos that offer management retirement plans anymore. 401k with or mostly without match.

When you say managment- do you mean non union employees? Or employees who manage other people? Line employees? Doesnt belonging to a union provide benefits that non union employees do not enjoy? Why belong to one then? if you negotiate on your own, seems like you would have a stronger position individually.

I laughed at your parent/child analogy. (I hope that was appropriate). As if any good business decision can be made with the emotions of a parent or any good parent would make decisions with the objectivity of a business director.

Good luck- thanks for the information.

Ps TO ALL- if these other non union pilots make more money have you thought of looking into negotiating individually and not having a union?

kingtut said:
First, congratulations upon the victory of your candidate and I applauded your enthusiasm and optimistic outlook for the future of our national economy. However, your mutual affinity for republican, conservative politics and organized labor presents an interesting dichotomy. Clearly, you are aware that the fortunes of organized labor are not improved by the dominance of the Republican Party in the White House and the Congress.
Oil falls to five-week low as supply fears ease...
Job Gains Strongest in Seven Months...

337,000 people added to payrolls...

When I made my prediction the Dow was 10,027 NASDAQ was 1942.

A few minutes ago DOW = 10,375 NASDAQ = 2033

GET READY TO ROCKnROLL! W is in charge and the situation is under control!

The mistake in unions supporting liberals is this... Liberals are very concerned with sharing the pie fairly so they tax businesses and the rich such that the pie SHRINKS... Conservatives untax business so that the pie increases for everybody. Thats what will help labor.

Taxes on the Rich and businesses is to the economy what flying with your gear down flaps and slats extended and speedbrakes are to your airspeed. Libs don't get it. Also they social programs they support is PARASITE DRAG on the economy.

Last edited:
GF,

Oil prices are not going down due to Bush, they're going down due to easing supply issues (read the f*ing story that you link to). The only way W could be credited with falling oil prices is if he mandated and implemented higher MPG ratings for cars/SUVs, and said cars/SUVs were already in service and therefore using less fuel, reducing demand for oil and thus increasing available supply while lowering prices due to the law of supply and demand.

Likewise, the stock markets are up because A) oil prices are falling due to easing supply (at least for the moment, though oil prices are still high at $45 a barrell) and B) the elections are over, thus ending the uncertainty of who will be running the country for the next 4 years.

Regarding your flawed view on taxes: if the rich or corporations don't pay tax, then the tax revenue has to come from somewhere to keep this country running (and pay for our war in Iraq). So who's left to foot the bill? Us little guys who work hard to make ends meet every month. Or, if we "stay the course" on the Bush tax cuts, then our children and grandchildren will be paying for our free ride. This is the parasite drag you should be worried about. Trickle-down economics didn't work in the 1980s, and it won't work now...or ever. The rich will just get richer, while the poor get poorer. Welcome to the "new world order."

Bush in NOT God. Nor do I want God in the White House. Even our founding fathers understood separation of church and state. Bush does not, and that scares me.

Aeroboy,

You might want to a little more research on what the Founding Fathers really thought about faith in God and it's place in this country. You've got 4 years to educate yourself.

Latest resources

Back