Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is Atlas Air looking for Flight Attendants?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<< Don't be surprised if you see troops in an Atlas Air Pax plane before the end of this year.>>

Hopefully not moody Angolan troops with AK's, yelling in Portuguese!

Good point. Let me clarify, hauling US troops for AMC, by the end of the year.

I would be surprised, a bunch of hurdles for them to overcome, joining a passeneger team, approval runs, FA crewing, etc, etc. Plus no one that I have seen runs 747's for AMC Pax, given the current ACL for AMC missions is not cost effective to utilize a 747. Nonetheless, good luck to them in their quest, there is a lot of AMC flying right now.

Actually, Nothwest/Delta 747's have done some runs and that got AMC to asking Atlas about it. Talk is for Sonair to start in April, first class of F/A's started last week.

Actually, Nothwest/Delta 747's have done some runs and that got AMC to asking Atlas about it. Talk is for Sonair to start in April, first class of F/A's started last week.
make sure you get a pilot on that FA hiring board to ensure certain "standards" ;)

Atlas AMC pax, not this year or until Atlas gets it's own 747 pax configuration. Sonair, a Angolan company not allowed to fly into the US or EU owns and is leasing those planes to Atlas, specifically for the IAH-LUH run. The FAA and JAA will not allow Sonair into the US because of FAA mandates concerning records and maintenance. Boeing has cancelled warranties on brand new aircraft to Sonair as well as other African airlines due to their lack of record keeping concerning aircraft, heard that 2nd hand. Plus they are full first/business class as it is specifically for oil executives and their asscoiates.

Yeah, because what I hear most in Houston is the lack of premium service to Angola. What an under served market. Where the F is Angola, and more importantly, do they even have an airport?

Atlas AMC pax, not this year or until Atlas gets it's own 747 pax configuration. Sonair, a Angolan company not allowed to fly into the US or EU owns and is leasing those planes to Atlas, specifically for the IAH-LUH run. The FAA and JAA will not allow Sonair into the US because of FAA mandates concerning records and maintenance. Boeing has cancelled warranties on brand new aircraft to Sonair as well as other African airlines due to their lack of record keeping concerning aircraft, heard that 2nd hand. Plus they are full first/business class as it is specifically for oil executives and their asscoiates.

Did I say Atlas was going to use the Sonair aircraft? Of course not, it 2/3 business class. Stand by. More to come.

Yeah, because what I hear most in Houston is the lack of premium service to Angola. What an under served market. Where the F is Angola, and more importantly, do they even have an airport?

This whole thing is a shuttle for Sonair and the Angolan state oil company employees.

Latest resources

Back