• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flew over Canyon Lake the other day. Forgot how awesome it is up there. Sigh. Pretty nice place to live. Too bad SAT sucks for flying jobs.

Amen! I had boat that continuously broke down. I had it out at Canyon Lake thinking I was going to have a great day with this good looking chick. Well, it broke down. I paddled it to a rocky shore, tied it up and we walked back to my truck and left...that was 20 years ago, and I still don't know what happened to that boat.

Btw, I kept the girl...still have her. :)

Amen! I had boat that continuously broke down. I had it out at Canyon Lake thinking I was going to have a great day with this good looking chick. Well, it broke down. I paddled it to a rocky shore, tied it up and we walked back to my truck and left...that was 20 years ago, and I still don't know what happened to that boat.

Btw, I kept the girl...still have her. :)

Sounds like a darned good trade!

Big week for pilot interviews at AT&T this week! The hiring committee has whittled the the masses to a few under qualified diverse candidates. None of those candidates will be anyone previously furloughed by the flight department a few years back. Here are a few talking points to enhance these candidates chances.

1. Speak highly of your sister wives.
2. Celebrate how your months of volunteerism helped Obama win re-election.
3. Advocate the essential need for proper per-departure crew rest.
4. Emphasize your willingness to work for wages far below industry levels but only if a large portion of your pay is tied to discretionary bonuses.
5. Ask when the Director will give you a kickback for his bonus increase after hiring you.
6. Give the old wink wink nudge nudge after they explain the importance of showing up for trips on time, or at all. Nobody ever gets in trouble for missing trips.
7. Speak of your willingness to drink at 5pm if that's what it takes.
8. Express your views that flying is secondary, real pilots are there for the additional jobs.
9. Say you enjoy being micromanaged, and if you aren't second guessed often, then the chief pilots just aren't doing their jobs.
10 Finally, weave stories of the real joy you get at answering emails and phone calls on vacations and in the middle of the night.

I worked with DS at a previous company. Knowing him back then as a line pilot and check airman, he was a quality individual when it came to ethics and integrity. He also knew what was safe and what was BS. He probably doesn't have a rats ass chance of moving into the DOA position. You gotta love how an organization evaluates talent....if your incompetent, a poor leader or an ass kisser....you are gonna be promoted. Like my friend used to say....fry an engine on start and look for a promotion!!

I worked with DS at a previous company. Knowing him back then as a line pilot and check airman, he was a quality individual when it came to ethics and integrity. He also knew what was safe and what was BS. He probably doesn't have a rats ass chance of moving into the DOA position. You gotta love how an organization evaluates talent....if your incompetent, a poor leader or an ass kisser....you are gonna be promoted. Like my friend used to say....fry an engine on start and look for a promotion!!

Right on. Well said. DS is also a very fine pilot. He is just about the only hope I see for that place which is why he will never get the position.

Latest resources

Back