Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why hire military over your competition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And?

I was a ground pounder in the first gulf war, then in Somalia. I don't expect any special recognition.

Apparently, ground pounders don't read the quoted statements. No Army guy can outfly me.

Last edited:
Remember you do not join the military service to fly, you join to serve your country to fulfill the needs of the President by flying. You serve at the pleasure of the President. No matter what you think of the President you will do his bidding. You will not fly that much in the Military unless you go to a conflict. Of my 2200 hours I had when I left after 11 years of active duty, 700 of it came in six months flying around Vietnam.

Remember you do not join the military service to fly, you join to serve your country to fulfill the needs of the President by flying. You serve at the pleasure of the President. No matter what you think of the President you will do his bidding. You will not fly that much in the Military unless you go to a conflict. Of my 2200 hours I had when I left after 11 years of active duty, 700 of it came in six months flying around Vietnam.

Exactly! Well said. Join to serve FIRST. Flying for the military should always be a subsequent reason.

If on that day the prospective pilots were told that they were going to be logistics officers instead, how many would balk and try another service or go to law school instead?

Some would still go, not all though.

If on that day the prospective pilots were told that they were going to be logistics officers instead, how many would balk and try another service or go to law school instead?

Some would still go, not all though.
For many, the motivation to fly is the recruiting tool, but I saw the opposite during Vietnam. I had about a 1/4 of my AOCS class in 1966 that had no intention of flying. They couldn't get into Navy OCS and did not want to be drafted so they signed up for flying, got their commission and DOR'ed. Ended up in some state side job.

Latest resources

Back