Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why does every Wright Amendment thread turn inot a pi$$ing contest between AA/SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scoreboard said:
What did you call my mom??

Seriously, we just want the truth to be told.

Then you should tell it, because you haven't. Ever.

Seriously though, it stems from back door deals and no one likes back door deals. Whether it be the City deals that kept the airport open in the first place, lawsuits by Southwest to keep it open for service, or politicians and their role.

Last edited:
sf260pilot said:
Around Dallas and Ft. Worth this is a very intense and emotional situation. Even retired pilots get very personal about it. That is why it gets ugly.

"Fort Worth is where the West begins,...and Dallas is where the East just kinda peters out"...It is very emotional and seems like it always has been.
It's more than just two airlines and the Wright Amendment. It's about two cities that just can't seem to get along with each other. Tax dollars and Texas-sized egos all enter into this crazy mix.

That quote is from Amon Carter. Have you ever lived in Ft. Worth? I have , and not the mid-cities, Ft. Worth. People over there have a chip on their shoulder about living in the shadow of the Bigger City. Almost like the one Chicago has for NYC.
You are right this is about two cities.
I was told that if the Federal Wright Amendment falls that the city of Ft. Worth will immediately sue Dallas over it. It wouldn't be the first time that a law suit had been brought over this little airport.

Latest resources

Back