Why do passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OneBadLT123

always ignore the safety brief at the beginning of each flight? I just arrived in DEN, and on my last flight i noticed only a small handful of passengers even bothered to pay attention. They would rather read their precious Cosmo magazine or whatever. Then if something happens, pure panic and lack of understanding on what’s going on.

Is it me, or does anyone else notice this?

cause if you fly alot, they always say the same thing. How many times do YOU need to be told how to fasten your seat belt, how to pull an O2 mask to your face, and that your closest exit may be behind you?

JumpJetter said:
How many times do YOU need to be told how to fasten your seat belt, how to pull an O2 mask to your face, and that your closest exit may be behind you?
Behind me?!?!?

No way!

:)

OneBadLT123 said:
I just arrived in DEN, and on my last flight i noticed only a small handful of passengers even bothered to pay attention. They would rather read their precious Cosmo magazine or whatever...

That "small handful" = first time flyers.

Everyone else = everyone else.

I know I don't bother to pay attention.... unless the FA happens to have some bodacious ta-tas... :D

MFR

JumpJetter said:
cause if you fly alot, they always say the same thing. How many times do YOU need to be told how to fasten your seat belt, how to pull an O2 mask to your face, and that your closest exit may be behind you?
As much as it pains me to listen, I always try to make it appear that I'm paying attention.

It's simply respectful to our fellow crewmembers.

501261 said:
As much as it pains me to listen, I always try to make it appear that I'm paying attention.

It's simply respectful to our fellow crewmembers.
Me, too. I'm sure that's why I get the special treatment: my very own bag of nuts/pretzels/chips/whatever that mess is.

Beisdes, I often tend to forget whether tampering with a smoke detector is an offense, or just offensive. I'm always glad when they clear up that issue.

:)

When I have traveled for business I am often on a flight -or two- each day.... do that for a week and see if you still pay attention to the briefing. If it is an aircraft type I have never ridden in, I will review the briefing card to see if there are any quirks with opening the doors, and if it is an overwater flight, to see how their lifejackets actually fasten on.

Kind of reminds me of the George Carlin skit "Airline Announcements". I agree with what a previous poster stated, I will appear to pay attention out of respect to the crewmembers, even though as a commuter I hear the same thing every 4-5 days. What really gets me is after they make the announcement about the "flight deck door is for authorized personnel only".. people STILL try to open it thinking it is the forward lav. It even says FLIGHT DECK on the door!!!!! :rolleyes:

PS: if anyone is interested in the Carlin bit, pm me for it.

Last edited:
TonyC said:
Me, too. I'm sure that's why I get the special treatment: my very own bag of nuts/pretzels/chips/whatever that mess is.

Always helps when you have a company badge with the CREW thing stuck to it.

Latest resources

Back