• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why did anyone come work for CAL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is your company policy on posting BS on internet web boards? Maybe you will get canned and everyone will move up one number.

Why did I come to CAL?

-Great route structure and fleet
-Better financial position than most
-Better managed than most
-Seamless transition after 7 years at Express
-Quick advancement at the time
-Chance to be based in EWR and not have to move

And the big one....

-That despite having an abortion of a contract that is a complete disgrace to the piloting profession, TIMES WOULD BE A' CHANGIN! Yes, I knew how bad it would be here for a few years under POS '02, but I also knew that Lorenzo's Lackeys and their demographic would not hold on to their power for much longer. If 1/3 of the pilot group was on the B-scale in '05 do you think this contract would have passed? So yes, I have a right to complain that this contract sucks, because I came here with the expectation of helping CAL regain it's place in the industry from before Lorenzo, one we all can be proud of. Are you on board?

I worked for CAL for a year and left. Worst employer ever.
Financial position is a big question with such assets to liabilities ratio.
It's hard to improve the place when it never attracted and kept good people. Well, only may be in LA days and 2005-2007.

Why did I come to CAL?

-Great route structure and fleet
-Better financial position than most
-Better managed than most
-Seamless transition after 7 years at Express
-Quick advancement at the time
-Chance to be based in EWR and not have to move

And the big one....

-That despite having an abortion of a contract that is a complete disgrace to the piloting profession, TIMES WOULD BE A' CHANGIN! Yes, I knew how bad it would be here for a few years under POS '02, but I also knew that Lorenzo's Lackeys and their demographic would not hold on to their power for much longer. If 1/3 of the pilot group was on the B-scale in '05 do you think this contract would have passed? So yes, I have a right to complain that this contract sucks, because I came here with the expectation of helping CAL regain it's place in the industry from before Lorenzo, one we all can be proud of. Are you on board?

well said.

CAL has an excellent product, one I am proud to be part of. However, our contract between management and labor is a terrible one! We know that, don't need flight info to remind us.

EMPpilot, what legacy airline has a stronger balance sheet, with the exception of SWA? I would rather be at CAL then Delta, US Airways, any LCC or regional airline. (The only exception is SWA, but I never liked that type of flying, but maybe the $ would of changed my mind!)

I worked for CAL for a year and left. Worst employer ever.
Financial position is a big question with such assets to liabilities ratio.
It's hard to improve the place when it never attracted and kept good people. Well, only may be in LA days and 2005-2007.

Where did you go? Just curious.

I realized something today at work. Most people do not come on here. I think it is a few, and it just happens to be the few that complain.

It is still fun though...hehehe.

So Mr. SFR, what are your hopes and expectations for Contract '08? And also, you never answered my question from another thread. You enjoy the fact that you spend most of your time at home not flying. So why should you be getting paid $10,000 a year less to stay home than your bankrupt contemporaries at Delta? And since you don't seem to be aware of how substandard our contract is, we make more than $20,000 a year less than DAL on the 757 for years 1-3!

I realized something today at work. Most people do not come on here. I think it is a few, and it just happens to be the few that complain.

It is still fun though...hehehe.

Most on here have not a clue about the topics they claim their knowledge on.

You can type anything you want....most that post negative things are the people who failed the interview and this is their only recourse....so sad.

So Mr. SFR, what are your hopes and expectations for Contract '08? And also, you never answered my question from another thread. You enjoy the fact that you spend most of your time at home not flying. So why should you be getting paid $10,000 a year less to stay home than your bankrupt contemporaries at Delta? And since you don't seem to be aware of how substandard our contract is, we make more than $20,000 a year less than DAL on the 757 for years 1-3!

Why didn't you go to DAL? Didn't you see the payrates before you came here?

Also, you should have asked CAL that in the interview, I bet you didn't... hehe..

LIke I said before, I don't like DAL's reserve system. You have to fly.

Latest resources

Back