• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why did anyone come work for CAL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One other thing for Mr. SFR... 4th year blended rate on the 756 is $90/hr, right? At a reserve guarantee of 76 hours, that makes roughly $82,000/yr income. Converting Trips For Pay to $/hr, a 4th year pilot at SWA makes about $108/hr, equating to approximately $103,000/yr with a 79 hr (90 TFP) reserve guarantee. Do you really believe you are worth that much less than a Southwest pilot? That you should be paid $20,000 a year less to potentially fly high yield widebody flights to Amsterdam, Sao Paolo or Buenos Aries than a low cost carrier pilot at the same longevity gets to do milk runs to Lubbock or Midland (or stay at home)?

I didn't go to DAL because:

A. I didn't have a connection there.
B. Driving from Jersey/PA to JFK sucks!

You still haven't answered why you believe you are inferior to or not as deserving of a decent contract as a pilot at DAL, AAL, or SWA. I didn't come to CAL because of what it was. I came here because of the great potential of what it could be with a litle pilot backbone and unity! Are you on board?

Well, unfortunately as a lineholder I now have to go to the airport and fly home to EWR. I look forward to seeing your answer to my question when I log on again tomorrow. Cheers!

One other thing for Mr. SFR... 4th year blended rate on the 756 is $90/hr, right? At a reserve guarantee of 76 hours, that makes roughly $82,000/yr income. Converting Trips For Pay to $/hr, a 4th year pilot at SWA makes about $108/hr, equating to approximately $103,000/yr with a 79 hr (90 TFP) reserve guarantee. Do you really believe you are worth that much less than a Southwest pilot? That you should be paid $20,000 a year less to potentially fly high yield widebody flights to Amsterdam, Sao Paolo or Buenos Aries than a low cost carrier pilot at the same longevity gets to do milk runs to Lubbock or Midland (or stay at home)?

Milk runs??? I had no idea that flying one leg with relief pilots and scratching your hairy beanbag for 8 hours was that much harder than a 6 leg day battling Texas t-storms. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no offense meant to the pilots of SWA or the type of flying they do. I was just trying to illustrate how much less CAL pilots are paid to do flying that generates much higher revenue and potential profit.

Sorry, no offense meant to the pilots of SWA or the type of flying they do. I was just trying to illustrate how much less CAL pilots are paid to do flying that generates much higher revenue and potential profit.

None taken. Lots of buds over at CAL and wish you guys the very best on your next contract. :beer:

Latest resources

Back