Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
Hi, this is Sean posting. This is a serious question which I would like a serious answer to. If you do not have a serious answer don't bother posting.

I really want to know why most of you (whom complain) came to CAL. As I remember, back in 2005, the current contract was in place and actually was inferior to what it is now (50% DH...etc.).

I knew that and came, and I would think that most of you (folks that complain) knew that and still applied. I remember a lot of you calling me for an LOR... So what happen to that person? There were no surprises except for the furlough, which sux, but a lot of other companies have shut down and/or furloughed, we are not the only one.

Did you complain like this in the interview? I bet not considering that you work here now.

Real answers appreciated..... yeah, I already know my name is Sean that I came from ASA and Eagle and have another handel on here.

Complaining and seeking improvements in pay and work rules get meshed together often. Should we all just be happy we have a job and never seek to improve things? After a while, you will be working under the same or worse work rules/pay rates that you were working under 20 years ago.

Screw that. Continental was voted #1 place to work. Floyd said so!

They were one of the very few hiring at the time. If FedEx called or Delta had been hiring, I would have gone to one of those two in a heartbeat.

The pay rates I knew sucked. The work rules, or lack thereof, and the daily ramifications of such, were shall we say, surprising.... The one thing CAL had was quick movement because of the retirements. I hoped in the back of my mind that new blood would allow for improvements to a pathetic contract. Age 65 stopped the change to the demographics of this place and I see that even some of the "new blood" are pathetic in their idea of what constitutes a good contract...

Hi, this is Sean posting. This is a serious question which I would like a serious answer to. If you do not have a serious answer don't bother posting.

I really want to know why most of you (whom complain) came to CAL. As I remember, back in 2005, the current contract was in place and actually was inferior to what it is now (50% DH...etc.).

I knew that and came, and I would think that most of you (folks that complain) knew that and still applied. I remember a lot of you calling me for an LOR... So what happen to that person? There were no surprises except for the furlough, which sux, but a lot of other companies have shut down and/or furloughed, we are not the only one.

Did you complain like this in the interview? I bet not considering that you work here now.

Real answers appreciated..... yeah, I already know my name is Sean that I came from ASA and Eagle and have another handel on here.

Try not to let the remarks on this site get to you. Fortunately, the comments here don't reflect the overall sentiment at any given airline.

Last edited:
They were one of the very few hiring at the time. If FedEx called or Delta had been hiring, I would have gone to one of those two in a heartbeat.

The pay rates I knew sucked. The work rules, or lack thereof, and the daily ramifications of such, were shall we say, surprising.... The one thing CAL had was quick movement because of the retirements. I hoped in the back of my mind that new blood would allow for improvements to a pathetic contract. Age 65 stopped the change to the demographics of this place and I see that even some of the "new blood" are pathetic in their idea of what constitutes a good contract...

I see that you have good decision making skills. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back