Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why can't we call 'em stewardesses anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats funny. How long was it that we were all saying COCKpit? Who woulda thought we were gonna have to take "cock" out of that or change it to say flightdeck? All in the name of political correctness.

When you have an all-female flight crew, you may no longer refer to the Flight Deck as the Cockpit. You may, however, refer to it as "The Box Office". :nuts:

Y'all need help. This is almost as bad as the pregnant pilots thread. Do y'all have nothing better to do than sit around and bash people all day?

I'm here to tell you that their job is a LOT harder than ours. If you think you could do that job for one day without getting fired, then step up to the challenge.

Try being nice to jerk million milers at 5:30 am after they scream at you that the flight is late, the coffee sucks, their connection is all screwed up, and NO THEY WILL NOT put their bag up.
Think a 5 legger is bad, try doing it on your feet all day.
Try enjoying your job when your supervisor (who's 15 years younger and 10 years junior to you) treats you like a stupid 18 year old that can't be trusted to run a lemonade stand, yet you've reached your middle years, raised a family and lived more of life than any of them.
Try being told that you're replaceable and that if they find one bad page in your manual, you're fired.
Not to mention being looked down on by hot shot 25 year old pilots all day.

Yes, I think y'all need to grow up and not bash someone for the job they chose until you've walked in their shoes... which is also something none of y'all could do all day.

Huge medical ins expenses (large number of gays really drive this up),

Fugawe

Give me a break homophobe! Yeah....all the gay guys drive medical expenses up. That's ridiculous! Try all the ridiculous lawsuits with ungodly high amounts of money paid out for bull$hit drive insurance expenses up.

Now that's some funny and true crap!

Stupid thread, but what the heck....my 2 cents.........

FA job has evolved into a necessary evil. Very expensive since they've made a flying waitress job now a 'career' position at airlines -- it was never intended to be such. Airlines keep them around until they die. Huge medical ins expenses (large number of gays really drive this up), pensions, above average pay for what they actually do.

Yeah, they're trained for emergencies, but really they're waiters and waitresses with bad attitudes. Qualifications for the job are a heartbeat and ability to fake a smile.

Most I see could care less about the job and success of the airline, and view the flight they're supposed to work as an annoyance as they fly from layover to layover.

Jets can get from pt A to pt B just fine w/o FAs. The FAA has mandated we have them, and pax now expect the piss poor service FAs give. A necessary evil.

Fugawe

-Amen

Damn! Fuuny Thread! Hey, in reality we need the pilots on the 747 or 777 overseas as much as the back end crew, also know as Stewards, also know as Stewedass( sp) also known as Cabin Crew and also known as flight attendants. We work the same hours as the pilots,

We endure the same long haul flights, we chose aviation because we love to travel to places and get paid for it. The pilots have a disadvantage, on a long haul flight like Ord to Nagoya Japan, they must sit! We get to walk!

Either way we all have a job to do, if you don't love it them time for a change!

We do it, because we love it! ( hopefully)

I do this job for all of the hot pilots...LOL:eek:

Maybe we need to start a poll on where the hottest pilots are? Because I'm not seeing any lately....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back