Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will turn into another colossal FAIL on ALPA's part.
Hmmm... so binding arbitration shouldn't be binding on SWA's part? Oh wait, you're signature line says:

Honoring binding arbitration = The Gold Standard
*snicker* ;)

To answer the OP's question, it's really very simple: the pilots can't recall the Reps because they don't have the numbers. I know this isn't a great situation, and I had hoped the protections would be firmly in place in the final SIA, but they weren't and the MAJORITY of pilots directed their reps.

If it were not so, you'd see recalls popping up all over the place but... they're not. And so the process continues. No anger, no hate, no angst, just moving forward.

So if the Reps had the majority of the pilots behind them why didn't they give us the vote? 100 emails from the same ANGRY GUY doesn't count as a majority. I think it would have passed narrowly and they knew it. That's not representing the majority, tha'ts representing the vocal minority.I am sure they are feeling the heat. I believe that this deal was crap but wanted to vote on it myself and my family. I haven't run into anyone, Yes or No vote, that didn't think the vote should have not gone out. Now my fate was decided by 7 people. Unreal. I do have hope that this can be worked out or I will be out of a job and riding the new hire train in 2013 again. All thanks to the super 7. I hope the best for both sides.

So if the Reps had the majority of the pilots behind them why didn't they give us the vote? 100 emails from the same ANGRY GUY doesn't count as a majority. I think it would have passed narrowly and they knew it. That's not representing the majority, tha'ts representing the vocal minority.I am sure they are feeling the heat. I believe that this deal was crap but wanted to vote on it myself and my family. I haven't run into anyone, Yes or No vote, that didn't think the vote should have not gone out. Now my fate was decided by 7 people. Unreal. I do have hope that this can be worked out or I will be out of a job and riding the new hire train in 2013 again. All thanks to the super 7. I hope the best for both sides.

If the majority of AT pilots wanted this to go out to a vote, they did a piss poor job of communicating it. Being a silent majority doesn't work in that case.

If the majority of AT pilots wanted this to go out to a vote, they did a piss poor job of communicating it. Being a silent majority doesn't work in that case.

I personally did 5 emails to each rep but when you are competing with guys have 100 post's a day on our circus forums with no lives you can't win. Rational minds don't need to repeat there opinions over and over and over again like some do. I guess it wasn't enough so here we are. I hope SW guys stop saying " YOU GUYS" f'ed up and so on. WE never got to vote. You don't know the MAJORITY sentiment. Until then you can spit fire and individuals here who say they speak for the majority but we all know they don't. Try not to generalize the group as being behind this until the vote actually happens. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Hey 4day, just because there is an offer on the table doen't mean we all should vote on it. If they offered us a pure staple, would you want to vote for that too?
As one of our pilots said at the meeting, "I want to vote as much as the other guy does. Bring me an agreement worthy of my vote! This one is not IT!" The majority, (yes majority, ask your reps) felt the same way.

Hey 4day, just because there is an offer on the table doen't mean we all should vote on it. If they offered us a pure staple, would you want to vote for that too?
As one of our pilots said at the meeting, "I want to vote as much as the other guy does. Bring me an agreement worthy of my vote! This one is not IT!" The majority, (yes majority, ask your reps) felt the same way.

Fair enough. Hope they made the correct decision. Didn't like KG letter today.

Fair enough. Hope they made the correct decision. Didn't like KG letter today.
I seriously doubt they decided to announce voluntary LOA's in less than 24 hours' notice following the vote yesterday.

That means the reduction and voluntary LOA's have been planned for several weeks as we move into the non-busy Fall season. They offer the same LOA's to the F/A's every year.

I did like the statement at the end about us "continuing the integration process", coming from the V.P. of Operations.

Hey, you know what? I agree with you. And for your sake I hope it turns out ok somehow. What I have realized is there are pissed off people everywhere today, and if I was at Airtran I would be pissed that I did not have a say. I have said it all along, the problem is not the airtran pilots, it's ALPA. You and I had nothing to do with this, now we will both endure this for a long time to come. However, in this particular case I am glad SWAPA is doing this for me and not ALPA.

Fam62, and gt1000- Great posts. Well thought out, and logical. PCL128, and Lear, you guys are a couple of knuckleheads. SWA is gonna love you two..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back