• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are passengers rude to pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what these people pay? ******************** them! I do what is outlined in my company manual. no more no less. The traveling public deserves to get treated like this. They pay peanuts and then want filet mignon, all the while wearing their cut off jeans and stinky flip flops. I say raise the prices so high that only decent people can afford to fly. Get the trailer trash out of here. No manners and even less common sense.

Deserves to be posted again.

If you feel slighted when a passenger asks you a question and doesn't offer thanks, just make sure to say "You're Welcome" regardless and go about your business.

All of us are airline employees, representing our regional carrier and the mainline partner. Yes there might be alot of stupid/rude pax out there, but there is an equal percentage of stupid/rude pilots. Just because a passenger isn't 100% courteous to you doesn't mean you should stop being that way to them.

What ever happened to simple professionalism in this industry? Oh yeah, the "its not my job" syndrome and "I'm not paid enough to _________, you get what you paid for" disease.:rolleyes:

Deserves to be posted again.

If you feel slighted when a passenger asks you a question and doesn't offer thanks, just make sure to say "You're Welcome" regardless and go about your business.

All of us are airline employees, representing our regional carrier and the mainline partner. Yes there might be alot of stupid/rude pax out there, but there is an equal percentage of stupid/rude pilots. Just because a passenger isn't 100% courteous to you doesn't mean you should stop being that way to them.

What ever happened to simple professionalism in this industry? Oh yeah, the "its not my job" syndrome and "I'm not paid enough to _________, you get what you paid for" disease.:rolleyes:
Nice post, punch just dosent get it, we are in a customer service industry. Be rude to the customer and they will take their business elsewhere.

A few months back while walking through the terminal I noticed a toddler getting away from his parents as he was allowed to use the main corridor as his personal play ground. He got on an escalater leading to another terminal without the parents notice. I ran after the kid and returned him to his mother, whom snatched him out of my hands and yanked him away in a huff without so much as a smile, never mind a simple thank you.

People are rude, I disagree that they are taking their anger at the airline out on the pilots. That is immature and not productive for them. They could never get anywhere in society with that kind of attitude. I believe that they all think we are overpaid and under worked. The only way to change this is for all pilots to continue to act like the professionals we are and command respect.

In any setting this drives me nuts. You went well beyond the extra mile. Personally, I enjoy being helpful in another way. Go up to the mother and ask her if that was her toddler that just went up the escalator. I especially enjoy the look of panic and fear when they look around and can't see they beloved little baby. Maybe the little jolt of fear will teach them to keep a reign on their kid. If you want to spice it up a little, ask her if it was her little boy that a guy just grabbed and went up the escalator with. Same result with a little more panick stricken look.

First: Slomo nice avitar, and if anyone trys to take it down they must be a member of the "alternative lifestyle' camp.

Second: I always try to be polite and helpful, I try to imagine the person that is rude and stressed is my 80 year old mother having a very bad day at the airport, but the people that come close to that discription grew with manneras and respect. I hate the young fat white trash that have no manners whatsoever.

Had a chubby little kid with a mouth full of Mcdonalds fries yell at me "hey pilot-HEY PILOT" to which I responded "My parents taught me not to talk with my mouth full", and then added as a afterthought "children should be seen and not heard" his parents were mortifyed.

Third: stupid pax that blame the airlines for there own stupidity. witnessed a passenger show up at the gate seconds after the door had shut for his LSE trip. after yelling at the gate agent about how screwed up the airline is. He then sits down and starts making calls to the people who were going to pick him up at the airport telling them how his flight was late ect... The whole time he is stuffing his face full of McDonalds that he stood in line for at least 20 minutes at MSP thus missing his flight! well at least he had 6 hours to reflect on his own stupidity-if he was smart enough to figure it out.

Idiot!

I love it when a pax gets on the plane and hands their boarding pass to the FA like they are an usher at a baseball game and wants them to point out their seat, which happens to be 4 ft away in row 2. The best part is that they think this is normal because they usually say nothing before or after the exchange, as it is a normal to be that stupid and not look at your boarding pass.

Oh and the whole age thing and looking to young to be able to be a pilot is a joke. A woman once asked me if I was missing my prom one night on a flight to philly and I just smiled while saying yeah and your daughter is really unhappy.

I find that when people are rude or angry towards you it pays more to be nice or pleasent back to them. Example: driving down the road and someone happens to give you the finger, instead of giving them the finger back try waiving to them with a smile. Now that will promote some serious anger haha!

When I was a relatively junior F/O, I flew a PWM-DTW trip. It was winter and we had to de-ice. My CA (nice guy but no CRM skills at all)never made any announcements to what we were doing. After the de-icing we had an ATC delay and once again, CA wouldn't say anything to the pax. When I prompted him his response was, don't worry about it. Landing very late in DTW I jumped off the plane to help the XJ rampies offload the carry-ons. As I was pulling bags onto the j/bridge this a$$clown came up to me and said that was the worst flight ever. I responded "make all your complaints to Northwest Airlines...sir:) He then responded with "I'm a Northwest pilot!" (DH'ing out of uni) To which I responded with this gem, "Then you should be used to this." Now this isn't a knock against NWA guys cuz I take the commuters home all the time. But this jerkoff actually tried to get my name by grabbing my ID's from my neck. I shoved the guy off me and told him to get his mf'ing hands off me. (DTW represent right?;) )

Anyways for that gem I had to do a little tap dance in the CP's office (my fearless CRM leader was the one to turn me in)After a few laughs the incident was forgotten. But I never flew with that CA again. Kinda felt bad for shoving the guy but only for about 2 seconds. CP said that I had every right to defend myself.

Oh yeah...slomo your avatar rocks the house!:D

When I was a relatively junior F/O, I flew a PWM-DTW trip. It was winter and we had to de-ice. My CA (nice guy but no CRM skills at all)never made any announcements to what we were doing. After the de-icing we had an ATC delay and once again, CA wouldn't say anything to the pax. When I prompted him his response was, don't worry about it. Landing very late in DTW I jumped off the plane to help the XJ rampies offload the carry-ons. As I was pulling bags onto the j/bridge this a$$clown came up to me and said that was the worst flight ever. I responded "make all your complaints to Northwest Airlines...sir:) He then responded with "I'm a Northwest pilot!" (DH'ing out of uni) To which I responded with this gem, "Then you should be used to this." Now this isn't a knock against NWA guys cuz I take the commuters home all the time. But this jerkoff actually tried to get my name by grabbing my ID's from my neck. I shoved the guy off me and told him to get his mf'ing hands off me. (DTW represent right?;) )

Anyways for that gem I had to do a little tap dance in the CP's office (my fearless CRM leader was the one to turn me in)After a few laughs the incident was forgotten. But I never flew with that CA again. Kinda felt bad for shoving the guy but only for about 2 seconds. CP said that I had every right to defend myself.

Oh yeah...slomo your avatar rocks the house!:D

Wow..... all this would've not happened if the you or the CA made a few PA's.

People don't mind change, they just don't like being changed.

I've been on flights where the pax were getting screwed over by the sytem... yet updated PA's were made..they were told the truth and they got off the flight smiling....

DTW cheifs rock

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back