Why are passengers rude to pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BINGO!!!!
As long as you guys call yourselves losers (See spelling BTW), have that queer looking gel / spikey hair, whine about hats and walk around with wires in your ears and backups hiked up on your backs, the public perception of you will be LOW. Geez, people had more respect for us J32 (for you SJS Academy grads..a J32 is a 19 seat PROP) drivers than they do for todays regional jet "Captain". You guys make your own bed, now sleep in it or remake it. Act like a pro, and you'll be seen as one. Remember the newspspers in CVG during the CMR strike? CMR had a top notch pilot group, and they had the respect of their pax and the press, and the strike worked, thanks in no small part to the perception of the pilots (this led shareholders and frequent flyers to write letters.).
...now todays regional pilot, with your requirement for 24 hour electronic stimulation, borderline queer styling, and slack-off attitudes, you deserve what you get. Those who this does not apply to, and you know who you are, educate / lead the way they need you to. Then you"ll see a change, slowly.

Spot on, mate!!!!!!

AF :cool:

Spot on, mate!!!!!!

AF :cool:

spot on, yet the guys i fly with wear the hats, do not wear i pods and usually keep it low key. but the nasty passengers still treat us like crap. The real reason is, they hate flying on cramped planes that are late into cramped terminals that are noisy and chaotic just to find out their luggage is lost and they can't find a soul who cares. Basically I think passengers hate express style.

Can you blame m?

Didnt think so...

Classic example. See my above post.
Thanks for your easy-to-read-retardedly-large post.

We don't have hats (or ties), wear backpacks and talk on cell phones (no one can afford an iPod). So, stuff that self-righteous rant up your arse.

When we get paid like professional airline pilots, THEN, we can take time to be nice to rude asholes that yell at our FAs. Until then, it's all you.

Thanks for your easy-to-read-retardedly-large post.

We don't have hats (or ties), wear backpacks and talk on cell phones (no one can afford an iPod). So, stuff that self-righteous rant up your arse.

When we get paid like professional airline pilots, THEN, we can take time to be nice to rude asholes that yell at our FAs. Until then, it's all you.

Hey man, I was just pointing out your own self-incriminating reply there. Like I said, WHY would you ever expect to be treated like a pro when you act like an a$$. I say again...your post said it all.

Interestingly, I saw a great example of pax rudness yesterday. It made me laugh about this thread. A captain was chatting at the gate with an agent when some old woman comes walking up and sticks a ticket in the CA's face. "What gate is this at?" The CA backed up and mumbled something and the lady walked away. No "excuse me". No "thank you". Just rude interruptions.

As I said, I don't get paid enough to be nice to the 10% of rude pax. They can kiss my arse. They show up drunk, wearing no shoes, swear at FAs, moan about ATC delays, etc. When you pay $39 for a ticket and your crew makes McDonald's wages, why would anyone really care?

Do you walk up to someone in a random uniform at the mall and grab them by the arm and rudely ask them some question they have no chance of answering? Doubtful. So jump off your self-righteous high-horse and spend your days off at the airport as a greeter so we don't have to do it.

Interestingly, I saw a great example of pax rudness yesterday. It made me laugh about this thread. A captain was chatting at the gate with an agent when some old woman comes walking up and sticks a ticket in the CA's face. "What gate is this at?" The CA backed up and mumbled something and the lady walked away. No "excuse me". No "thank you". Just rude interruptions.

As I said, I don't get paid enough to be nice to the 10% of rude pax. They can kiss my arse. They show up drunk, wearing no shoes, swear at FAs, moan about ATC delays, etc. When you pay $39 for a ticket and your crew makes McDonald's wages, why would anyone really care?

Do you walk up to someone in a random uniform at the mall and grab them by the arm and rudely ask them some question they have no chance of answering? Doubtful. So jump off your self-righteous high-horse and spend your days off at the airport as a greeter so we don't have to do it.

Awwww, did I make you cry, or was it the passenger? Like it or not, you are in a SERVICE based industry. Looks like you and your hero CA there could better handle your situations. Do you know how many times rude pax approach me and ask me questions? Or tell me how P Oed they are at MY airline (when I am travelling ticketed with them and don't even fly for airlines anymore)? I always politely answer the question with a smile and by the time I am done with them they are gracious, and probably walking off with an idea that the only ones who give a darn about them anymore are the pilots.
But if I made your eyes swell up a little and you are sucking your thumb with your blanket in your fingers, don't worry...I promise I'll stop doing your job for you since you are above helping your passengers:bawling:

ACA Terry..good effort.... either they get it or they don't. It really comes down to ones parents...

Anyone can do a task.... That is why the better airlines and the better companies hire for attitude. They can't control how someone else thinks...

Either you know how to handle rude people or you don't. Good companies don't want to hire employees or pilots who whine and cry about rude people. They want to hire pilots that know how to easily deal with rude people, not let it effect their self esteem and continue to focus on the service.

Either you get it or you don't. Which means you'll get hired by the better airlines or you won't.

Is all this stuff about pilots wearing I-Pods in the terminal true? Or an exaggeration?

No, it's true, but it is a symptom of the rest of the crap we're complaining about.

I look around these days, and a good majority of people just look like 200 pounds of $hit forced into a 100 pound sack. It used to be that your mom would make you wash below your neck every once in a while, but that apparently is no longer true.

I've lost hope for most people. These days they're mostly overweight, ill-kempt, foul mouthed lard-a$$es. The few decent looking folks out there ruin me once they open their trap to either stuff food down their gullet, or screech in some vulgar gutter speak over the booming of the gangsta rap on their ipod.

I use to think that they had opened the gate to all the world's trailer parks, but in reality, its the trailer park that grew and surrounded us.

But to be fair to the ladies, I'm no Brad Pitt. But I shower at least once a day, pay my bills, say please and thank you, chew with my mouth closed and my clothes have seen the hot side of an iron more than once.

But that doesn't mean you can't have any fun with it. One day I was at work, and a buddy of mine non-reving (in civvies) walked up, and started to "interrupt" me with stupid sounding questions. I turned around, an in a loudish voice said "you will address me as 'sir'. Tuck in that shirt! Pull up those pants!" (basically a modified Neidermyer routine from Animal House). He went right along with it, and it was hysterical, but I thought the people looking on were going to sh!t eggrolls.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back