• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are passengers rude to pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a mere passenger I can tell you guys one thing. I don't mind Ipods, and I don't care if you wear a hat or not. I don't mind if you are younger than 50.

But when your FA introduces you as "Your pilots today are Captain Bill and First Officer Mike" I just cringe inside. It makes me think that the plane is being flown by air-headed kids whose motto is 'math is hard'. And when I say 'air-headed', I don't mean it in a good way.

i know people loose their minds with in 1 mile of any airport. But some of the attitudes of the pax's are above and beyond retarded. This is not the year 1900 here and i think some of these people live in a cave!
I am a female pilot, I am so sick of 'are you a real pilot???' or 'Oh Stewardess!!!' or 'Women are allowed to fly?' or 'Are you old enough to be a Stewardess?' Most of these comments i hear in the cockpit from pax. I smile, nod and look at them like they are crazy.
Just yesterday on my commute in, a old woman comes up to me and said, "You were the stewardess on this flight!" in quite a brash tone. I knew she was about to read me the riot act. Before she could say another word, i said, "first they are flight attendants, and second i am a pilot." She had a look on her face as though she had seen a ghost. Sheepishly and quite frightened she said she said, "...you didn't just fly this plane did you????"

It is interesting how the old ladies seem to be out of touch....

Simultaneously, most aviatrix's don't know who Gerry Mock is....

It is amazing how many people ask me if Amelia Earhart is my hero.

Amelia got lost. What kind of a hero is that?

And let's not kid ourselves, as anyone that's tried to map out Poincaré conjecture can attest, math is hard.

But the real reason why pilots care when self-loading cargo is rude, we still care.

ACA Terry..good effort.... either they get it or they don't. It really comes down to ones parents...
Speaking of parents. I've got both your moms over here right now rolling around in my blanket.

Cheerio!

i have had some great conversations with strangers traveling while i waited for my commute for hours after getting bumped.

the odds of you running into an a$$hole at the airport is 50/50 since the world is about half full of them.

I hate people in general. I do not hate passengers anymore than any other group of people. In fact I like them more, after all they put food on my table every night.

a$$ hole passeger = where's Baggage claim???
pilot = Right there where it says "Baggage Claim."
pilot = May I ask you a question now?
pax = um, sure.
pilot = Would your wife/daughter prefer the shocker, the rodeo, or the Houdini?

a$$ hole passeger = where's Baggage claim???
pilot = Right there where it says "Baggage Claim."
pilot = May I ask you a question now?
pax = um, sure.
pilot = Would your wife/daughter prefer the shocker, the rodeo, or the Houdini?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think more and more people just don't distinguish the pilot uniform.... You have epaulettes all over the place nowadays ( TSA, porters, etc.) they just ask anyone who may seem like they know where they are.
For the most part, whenever a pax asks me a question, no matter how rude, I just try and imagine my mom nonreving in a distant/foreign airport and not knowing where she is and needing help......... It just makes it a little bit easier to be nice.....

PS- slomo, please post more..... please....!!!! and PM me your avatar pic!!! ASAP!

Latest resources

Back