Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are foreign airlines so much better than US?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
keep telling yourself that over and over again, remember to click your heals while you are at it

ANA is outstanding. Economy class is better than Business on U.S. carriers.

Gotta 2nd that idea...

Don't count on that...

Most women in other countries don't seem really *hip* on the women's rights thing. Most of them have seen how the women in U.S. and Europe have fared trying to combine a full-time career with home life and don't want any part of it. They're happy to find a husband, settle down, and be the "happy home maker".

Don't shoot the messenger... I personally like my wife home with the kids as well.

Funny, I remember reading an article in the USELESSAToday/Mcpaper that pretty much said that. SOME women FINALLY figured out that they can't do BOTH.

Never should have let them vote.

Funny, I remember reading an article in the USELESSAToday/Mcpaper that pretty much said that. SOME women FINALLY figured out that they can't do BOTH.

Never should have let them vote.
I wouldn't necessarily go *THAT* far... ;) I know several women who are a LOT smarter than me, especially politically.

Women these days grew up in the 80's and 90's with a sense of entitlement, which Hollywood didn't help, glamorizing the female species (we're just about the only country that falls all over itself for hot women - witness the stupid airTran thread about some chick in tech pubs going on right now). So now women realize they can do everything they want (work and have kids) AND try to rule the male species... which doesn't work so well when they get older and there's a lot of younger, cuter, single girls available.

Which is probably why they especially don't like younger, thinner, cuter girls being the hiring requirement at international carriers. They may cry "discrimination" but, deep down, they know why and resent not only their aging but the fact that they can't do anything about it. It's simply business economics and the international carriers know what sells.

Not to mention the international carriers are still focused on product and service, and charge accordingly.

I'm sure there's plenty of professional female aviators on this board who this thread will offend but quite a few will understand the basic idea that guys don't like drama and most girls in this country are drama queens.

Given the choice between drama (witness most flight attendant galley gatherings) or young, cute, and friendly, who do YOU think the business customer is going to choose?

Meanwhile, Skybus is offering two types of nuts...

Emirates Airline (Dubai) will offer showers in-flight for their first class passengers when the Airbus A380 joins their fleet this fall on their Dubai to New York route. The carrier claims it will be the first commercial airline to install the facility. Emirates has been criticized by environmental groups who say that the “mile-high shower” is not eco-friendly. It is reported that the aircraft will have to carry an extra 2,000 pounds of water to supply the showers. This equates to a payload that equivalent to twelve (12) extra passengers. Emirates has yet to reveal the exact details of its A380 first-class cabin, but has promised that it will be even more extravagant than Singaopre Airlines’ (Singapore) cabin.

Not to mention the international carriers are still focused on product and service, and charge accordingly.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner

Ryanair is a foreign carrier and they are pretty much the worst airline ever.

RyanAir? You missed the point of the thread by oh! lets say, a different hemisphere. We are talking about full service airlines, not LLC's. And if you look at their numbers of on time departures, loss of baggage and customer satisfaction, they are actually not that bad compared with our legacies and you will get the same level of service that you get on our legacies on domestic flights, pretty much come in sit down and shut up.
If you meant from a workers perspective, yes it is pretty bad. The pay and working conditions are almost as bad as Virgin America or Skumbus. More than $100,000 Euros $160,000 US don't go that far in Europe these days.

Didn't know that they were. Thanks for the heads up. Bring on the cheese-eatin' surrender monkeys.........

It took ALPA negotiation for you to be able to have drinking water on your flights, you are going to have to bring your own cheese to feed those monkeys with and make sure none of the FNG's get bitten by them since the rabies shots are on their own dime

I wouldn't necessarily go *THAT* far... ;) I know several women who are a LOT smarter than me, especially politically.

Women these days grew up in the 80's and 90's with a sense of entitlement, which Hollywood didn't help, glamorizing the female species (we're just about the only country that falls all over itself for hot women - witness the stupid airTran thread about some chick in tech pubs going on right now). So now women realize they can do everything they want (work and have kids) AND try to rule the male species... which doesn't work so well when they get older and there's a lot of younger, cuter, single girls available.

It's called the pussification of the American Male.

The foreign airlines will rule the universe uncontested because of their young FA! All your business traveler are belong to them!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back