Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are foreign airlines so much better than US?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In any case this is a dead horse arguement unless cabotage really gets going. Even then, the finest Asian carriers with 21 year old hot FA's who rub most honorable businessman's feet in first class will still have to deal with US gate and ramp agents, and may likely be forced to hire US based flight crews at some point.
Says who?

You're dreaming, buddy... There's absolutely ZERO language requiring U.S. flight crews in the cabotage laws.

Further, it would be a VASTLY better business plan to keep their own flight attendant crews in hotels and keep them rotating on and off trips with 24-36 hour layovers in LAX, JFK, etc rather than hire an American.

Their entire business model is built on a level of service that our country's Flight Attendant population isn't even VAGUELY prepared to match. I'd bet you my life's savings they NEVER, EVER do that.

When on equal footing labor wise, there will be zero advantage.
They will never BE on equal footing. Period. They're just a completely different league of airline, still adhering to the principles of a service-driven industry, charging a premium for their product, and getting it.

They will hire who they want, when they want, and put them where they want. There aren't any U.S. laws to stop them.

I'd rather fly on a JAL or ANA flight every day of the week than one of our airlines. As it is, I don't go ANYWHERE out of country (except the islands, Canada, or Mexico) on a U.S. carrier unless it's business class, or I just don't go.

Spending more than 3 hours crammed into 24E with Joe Bob who didn't brush his teeth and Ahkmed who hasn't bathed in 3 days is not my idea of a good time.

Your mileage may vary...

Cathay are hiring FA's for their SFO base (and soon JFK and LAX), even some Americans...

Latest resources

Back