Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's the other 3 suitors tring to buy Midwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If NWA were to somehow escape antitrust review by the houses of Congress,
I'm not sure you are going down the right path. I think that Airline anti trust questions are regulated by the Department of Justice under clearance agreement (scope) from the Federal Trade Commission. The Attorney General is so wrapped up inside the beltway that airlines are not getting much scrutiny.

I can't help but think the Amigos would have done this back in December to secure the RJ RFP if they were really interested...the market price for Midwest is nothing but higher now with AirTran's bid.

But in December, AAI's offer was not taken seriously in MKE, and there were no "new" board member. Time (with poor earnings, p/o-ed shareholders, and a premium offer) changes everything.

I'm not sure you are going down the right path. I think that Airline anti trust questions are regulated by the Department of Justice under clearance agreement (scope) from the Federal Trade Commission. I agree. The Attorney General is so wrapped up inside the beltway that airlines are not getting much scrutiny. I was referring to the options each State's AG has in regards to antitrust, not the US AG.
Although each individual State's remedies are seldom used with great success, they certainly can play a part in the final decision making process on whether to proceed with a buyout or merger if the punitive damages are a strong enough deterent.

:pimp:​

That's the argument management is using, and I don't buy it. Are you advocating not getting better pay?

Southwest is successful with a higher non-fuel CASM with almost double the F/O pay, 50% higher CA pay, and health bennies that cost 90% less than ours.

If you want to use Southwest as a model? fine, we can do that; give us their pay scale and we'll STILL be under their non-fuel CASM and the company can figure out how to make it profitable.

There's only so many ways to squeeze the lemon. The company is operating on a shoestring budget trying to play like a major player and those two don't go together long-term. Unless we market this airline better AND attract and retain top-notch customer service talent, this airline will never be more than what it currently is. That means spending more money in order to make more money.

I don't want to bankrupt my own company by ANY means, but maybe there's a REASON Southwest pays better and is successful...?

Just a thought.

Doesn't it piss you off that your management doesn't think that your pilot group is worth a sh$t while they spend millions and go further into debt with this offer?

Doesn't it piss you off that your management doesn't think that your pilot group is worth a sh$t while they spend millions and go further into debt with this offer?

Not as much as it bugs me that one of my fellow pilots is getting his jollies by trying to piss off other pilots.

What this industry needs is for pilot to realize who the real enemy is, and to act accordingly.

Grow the F___ up.

Not as much as it bugs me that one of my fellow pilots is getting his jollies by trying to piss off other pilots.

What this industry needs is for pilot to realize who the real enemy is, and to act accordingly.

Grow the F___ up.

Settle down Francis. It was just a simple question. Obviously it was warranted since I apparently touched a nerve.

Settle down Francis. It was just a simple question. Obviously it was warranted since I apparently touched a nerve.

Chill folks.

We're all shoes and roadsters in the big Airline Monopoly game. Whatever happens in the MKE and MCO fortresses, it will affect some of us, but we won't hammer out the fine points of the deal here on FI.com.

With that said, I feel solidarity in this profession (starting with the CFIs) has always been weak. Mgt-types play pilot groups off one another and this "lowers the bar." I think this is what Ty was getting at.

Ok, SFC Hulka (aka Victors)?

Believe me, I pulling for the airtran guys to get a big contract. I'm pulling for every pilot group to stand up a take it back. I was the first guy to give props to the trany guys when they rejected that crap TA. My problem is with the Mgmt's out there that screw their employees first and pay themselves later.

Latest resources

Back