Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's the other 3 suitors tring to buy Midwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohh I am sure they are going to be sold but I highly doubt to Airtran... They have no money in the bank... If they did it would be a done deal... But hey, finishing second in the bidding deserves some type of prize!

Hey Skywest bought ASA and there pilots are union... Skywest has alot of cash sitting in the bank and it would'nt surprise me one bit if they add Midwest to the "Skywest Inc"

they have cash because ASA's debt is so high. skywest doesn't need anymore debt.

i sure hope skywest doesn't buy midwest. then all their flight attendants are going to be required to carry around their manuals in those skywest cover cases. but what they don't tell you is what's inside; their book of mormon.

i sure hope skywest doesn't buy midwest. then all their flight attendants are going to be required to carry around their manuals in those skywest cover cases. but what they don't tell you is what's inside; their book of mormon.

Let me guess you must be one of those ASAholes?

You're absolutely right, and SWA could be a major obstacle if they choose to be.

What is keeping them from being the same threat is the lessons learned from the SWA/ATA deal. Unless it's an outright purchase with FULL operational integration and employee retention, the Midwest Board should be very leery of any offer that doesn't substantially increase the profit at the time of sale.

I don't think Midwest pilots would appreciate the same "preferential interviews" deal that SWA gave the ATA pilots...

You're absolutely right about us being SWA's main threat moving forward. We have the lowest non-fuel CASM in the business and still will even with a new contract if we get rid of the negatives and keep the pay raises and we have a decent product.

I've been saying for a long time that we could be a phenomenal airline both for employees, shareholders, and customers if we just got a few things "tweaked" (excuse the expression).

Convert our Satellite XM Radio to Satellite TV. Acquire Midwest AND their customer service. Our customer service is severely lacking in many basic areas, mainly cust service agents. We need more polite people able to handle customers with more finesse. Our on-time and baggage handling numbers speak for themselves.

Additionally, acquire an airline such as Spirit or Frontier with their Canada/Caribbean presence and build on it and you'd have, hands-down, the best LCC in the air, bar none.

you cant compare your casm to ours you guys are about 1/10 our size. when you have as many senior pilot as we do and pay as well as we do then we can compare apples to apples.

I wasn't aware Southwest had 18,000 pilots and 1,800 aircraft.

That's impressive.

BTW, pilot pay makes up about 2% of total non-fuel CASM at Majors. You could double your hourly rate and, on average, your CASM would go up about half a penny. Just a little tasty tidbit from the EF&A people in Herndon. ;)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if Air Wisconsin doesn't have any sort of private bid out there for Midwest. The owners of AWAC just made a bundle of cash through Usairways and are always looking and trying out to make their next buck.

Just my 2 cents, only time will tell

Latest resources

Back