• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who's in for ASA absolute Havoc???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
6 years ago I wrote up everything at the outstation in support of the CMR pilots and the CMR aircraft that were being shifted to ASA.... Most people didn't care.... they were happy to get the new aircraft so they could upgrade and move on to the majors....

With the current "master/apprentice" setup at the regionals, this will never get very far....

No one to blame but ourselves....

Hey John, I agree with you (though I actually miss sparring with ya), but I am just wondering where this burn was 3 or 4 years ago? Enough was enough, then.

Cheers

P.S. I have now spent 3/4 of my career in sec. 6 negotiations, disgusting!!!!

Hey John, I agree with you (though I actually miss sparring with ya), but I am just wondering where this burn was 3 or 4 years ago? Enough was enough, then.

Cheers

P.S. I have now spent 3/4 of my career in sec. 6 negotiations, disgusting!!!!

Jaime,

Good to spar with you again....

It will never happen at the regionals on a meaningful basis because most of the people at the regionals just want to move on and they don't want to "rock the boat"....

I've given up... DAL managment and ALPA can both kiss it.... my "give a d@mn is busted"....

I hear you CAL folks have a scab on the neg. committee... I guess ALPA will never learn...

Cheers,
John:beer:

Im in---Heard Moes had some bad food the last two days, be good to the Mr.Toilet.......

Not illegal ALPA has nothing to do with this--IT IS AMERICAN people sick and tired of these AS$holes, taking millions of dollars and we get NOTHING !!!

ALL you BUSH supporters should be proud--vote with your pocket books next time and your family would be better off. All up tight about morals, and look at all the REPB. FAT and Closet cases=no balls

The way I see it, it is my duty to make one call if there is a problem. One call to mx, one call to ops for rampers, one call for a gate agent, one call to dispatch. Once this is done, I have done my job and no one can say otherwise. If the message gets lost (like it usually does) and nobody comes or no response is given, I'm not giving another call. I will sit and wait.. and burn fuel.. and be delayed.. and when dispatch asks an hour later why we haven't taken off, I will tell them that a call for fuel was made and we're still waiting, or that the rampers never showed to push us back, etc.

I have done my job already, its time for everyone else to be responsible for doing theirs too. Regional airlines across the country would collapse if pilots did their jobs only and nobody else's. Management has a problem with it? Sure, I'll do everyone else's job too... but you're gonna have to pay me.

AMEN Brother, AMEN.

According to an attorney friend of mine...that is ILLEGAL!! Check into it...PCL could get into a TON of trouble!

Can.
Have.
Paid MILLIONS in settlements for wrongful terminations.

But, the Bad News Express continues to roll on. I guess they figure it is a cost of doing business when you choose to manage through intimidation and fear.

Hey Scarlet,

I voted for Bush because I support the War, I like tax cuts that fuel the economy and my wallet, and I do not want same sex marriage.

Goat

Everyone is talking about a sick out. We can do a lot more damage by showing up and costing them money.

My VISION is clouded with anger and I don't have the airport/traffic in sight. Better vector me for the approach.

Oh damn, a light came on after push, but "the discrepancy no longer exists". Better call mx.

Sorry, but we're weight limited, and I think counting kids compromises our safety margin. Besides, those kids look over 13. Better bump some pax.

Two engine taxi is always safest.

Short fueled? Holding? Better divert.

Waiting for a gate. Hmmm, can't get through on ops. Guess we'll sit here. I get paid by the minute.

Safety first.

Count me in...

Let's keep the politics out of this thread, no one will ever agree whether the dems or gop are better for our situation and right now that's not what's important.

What is important is the fact that ASA management has been ripping us a new one here lately with crap September lines, no progress at the negotiating table, reduction in travel benefits and a general disregard for the morale and welfare of it's employees.

I'm generally not a burn it down type, I've always felt that we had a responsibility to the passengers to do the best we could for THEM because they didn't buy the ticket on ASA to get in the middle of our fight with management. They bought a ticket on Delta and by no fault of their own, got put on one of our planes hoping to get to their destinations.

That used to be enough to get me to suck it up and do the best job I could... Not any more... I will fly the contract and ONLY the contract; no personal cell phone usage, ONE call for fuel, catering, lav dump, mtx. EVERY legal mtx descrepancy WILL be written up, no matter how small. All I can do now is apologize in advance to our passengers but this company has taken what used to be a good work ethic and destroyed it.

Unfortunately, ASA has never figured out that you can't put a price tag on just how much you profit from a happy employee group (ie Southwest). Now they're about to find out just how much damage a miserable work force can do to your completion factors, on time statistics and PROFIT margins. That's the truly sad thing here, we are THE MOST profitable regional out there, so there's really no reason for all this. Karma's a b!tch, get ready ASA, here it comes...

Did anyone else hear the guy on flight control yesterday? Flight control was trying to give him a new plane because his autopilot was deferred. He told them he didn't want to delay the flight any longer (it was delayed 1 hour) and took said deferred autopilot to DSM.

Looks like it has started.

We got into ABE last night and an ASA airplane was waiting for a part that was brought in from ATL, by our flight.

It was a Placard for an emergency exit...flight delayed 5 and a 1/2 hours. Was suppsoed to depart at 530pm, we got there at 1045pm.

Excellent.

P.S. why does it make sense for us (comair) to go ATL-ABE-ATL, why ASA goes CVG-ABE-CVG...I msut be missing something.

Latest resources

Back