• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who's in for ASA absolute Havoc???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I see it, it is my duty to make one call if there is a problem. One call to mx, one call to ops for rampers, one call for a gate agent, one call to dispatch. Once this is done, I have done my job and no one can say otherwise. If the message gets lost (like it usually does) and nobody comes or no response is given, I'm not giving another call. I will sit and wait.. and burn fuel.. and be delayed.. and when dispatch asks an hour later why we haven't taken off, I will tell them that a call for fuel was made and we're still waiting, or that the rampers never showed to push us back, etc.

I have done my job already, its time for everyone else to be responsible for doing theirs too. Regional airlines across the country would collapse if pilots did their jobs only and nobody else's. Management has a problem with it? Sure, I'll do everyone else's job too... but you're gonna have to pay me.

I sure hope this make the news!!! It's going to be fun to watch all the ASA planes sitting on the ramp come Sat.

I know you're kidding, but these are the kind of comments that can come back to haunt people and make getting FMLA damn near impossible for some pilots.

PCL routinely denies nearly all FMLA applications the first time around because they are convinced that the pilots are doing what you just joked about.
I'm not joking. trust me.

I'm not joking. trust me.

Glad to see you have come around, but, why did it take 5 years for you to get pissed? 2 years ago as a CA at ASA I wrote everything up, outstation or in base because we were already in negotiations for 3 years.

That being said, I am happy to see the ASA pilots put their foot down.

Cheers

Glad to see you have come around, but, why did it take 5 years for you to get pissed? 2 years ago as a CA at ASA I wrote everything up, outstation or in base because we were already in negotiations for 3 years.

That being said, I am happy to see the ASA pilots put their foot down.

Cheers

6 years ago I wrote up everything at the outstation in support of the CMR pilots and the CMR aircraft that were being shifted to ASA.... Most people didn't care.... they were happy to get the new aircraft so they could upgrade and move on to the majors....

With the current "master/apprentice" setup at the regionals, this will never get very far....

No one to blame but ourselves....

I know you're kidding, but these are the kind of comments that can come back to haunt people and make getting FMLA damn near impossible for some pilots.

PCL routinely denies nearly all FMLA applications the first time around because they are convinced that the pilots are doing what you just joked about.

According to an attorney friend of mine...that is ILLEGAL!! Check into it...PCL could get into a TON of trouble!

Oh Yeah...I'm SOOOO IN!!!! Cough....Cough....Yeah....I'm not feeling well....:p

Latest resources

Back