• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who's in for ASA absolute Havoc???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just curious as to how the placard disappeared enroute on the way to Allentown, but was in place when you left ATL or CVG or wherever.:D

Does it match your "Kool & the Gang" poster on your bedroom wall???

Emergency
Emergency, emergency
Emergency
Emergency, emergency

I need 10cc's of hot bash
A serious love reaction
Give it to me
'Cause I need your love

Woman, heal me
Feel my heartbeat
Keep this body from a dangerous overheat
Give it to me
'Cause I need your love

Emergency, emergency
:pimp: :nuts: :pimp:

Last edited:
P.S. why does it make sense for us (comair) to go ATL-ABE-ATL, why ASA goes CVG-ABE-CVG...I msut be missing something.

It makes no sense at all. Even worse is when Comair will do something like CVG-ABE-ATL and then do a few out and backs from ATL while ASA does ATL-ABE-CVG and does a few out and backs from CVG. If weather hits CVG Comair is delayed to ABE and is late for the rest of the day while ASA is delayed to CVG and is delayed the rest of the day. This would be the inverse if weather hit ATL, but the result, of two late aircraft, is the same.

The simple solution is to leave Comair in CVG and ASA in ATL, then when weather hits one hub only one aircraft is delayed. If an aircraft were built using this logic a taxi light would burn out and you'd have to do a single engine approach.

The fact that you even know the lyrics to a Kool and the Gang song give insight as to where the Kool and the Gang poster is hanging. Just because the cassette has been stuck in your 1983 IROC Z is by no reason to inflict any pain and suffering to others by so blatently reciting lyrics. Go back to your mothers basement, but make sure you stop by the dry cleaners on the way "home" to pick up your REO Speedwagon and Air Supply concert t-shirts. We know how you like to keep them pressed as they are now collectors editions. Have a great day Mr. Master of the Jungle Boogie.

Seems like ASA is about to boil over....

Good luck! You deserve a fair contract. Labor Day seems like an opportune moment to make a statement about how the Railway Labor Act combined with our current Administration has subverted the rights of hard working Americans.

Yeah scarlet! To hell with it (literally). Let's all support killing unborn children,

I have yet to see any significant action from the Republicans in many, many years on the issue of abortion. They seem to be using it as more of a wedge issue and political tactic than actually doing anything about it.

same sex marriages,

Again, I see no constitutional amendment forthcoming from the Republicans on this issue.

the schools teaching our kids we came from a monkey,

Send your kid to private school or home school them if you think they're so susceptible to that brainwashing nonsense.

increased taxes,

What good is a 2% tax cut if you take a 15% pay cut? The ASA pilots have been in negotiations for 5 years, meaning that COL has gone up about 20%. With a Republican NMB, you think they're going to be able to get that 20% raise to make up for it? I'll take a 3% tax hike any day before I'll take a 10% pay cut.

Jaime,

Good to spar with you again....

It will never happen at the regionals on a meaningful basis because most of the people at the regionals just want to move on and they don't want to "rock the boat"....

I've given up... DAL managment and ALPA can both kiss it.... my "give a d@mn is busted"....

I hear you CAL folks have a scab on the neg. committee... I guess ALPA will never learn...

Cheers,
John:beer:

I heard the same thing about our NC. Thankfully, the bottom 90% of the CAL seniority is thoroughly pissed. We have some good folks in office now, the EWR and IAH LEC's are communicating well, and we have a lot of folks volunteering.

Stay on topic...

Please, guys.

There are probably hundreds of threads that deal with politics, labor, religion, education and morality on this board. This isn't about any of that, it's about one company that seems to think that making profits hand over fist while screwing it's employees is ok.

I've talked to so many pilots that just want to do their job and get home and it's killing me. If we continue to do that, this vicious cycle will just continue because we'll just keep doing our jobs, ASA will continue to rake in record profits and management will have NO incentive to make any changes for the better.

When flights start to go out late or get cancelled because we refuse to carry this sorry excuse for an airline on our backs any more, the profits shrink and management will take notice. The ONLY thing management cares about is the bottom line, that's their job. Until they realize that the bottom line is directly linked to their employees and how they feel about this company, they'll just continue to abuse us. Why should they change? Like the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Well, it IS broke, or it's about to be in the next few days so maybe they'll see the need to make a few changes for the better if they want to keep their jobs, too.

Rant over, my apologies...

...your 1983 IROC Z...

Wow - that's an amazing find if he's got an '83 IROC. They weren't introduced until '85.

Sorry for the thread hijack - now back to your regular ASA havoc thread.

Besides, it's my Wrangler jeans that are dry cleaned and pressed (with the crease, please), not my REO Speedwagon t-shirt. The t-shirt is framed and hanging in the basement, next to the Centipede and Dig Dug video games.

Latest resources

Back