• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a friend of mine taking my stuff into Comair now, but he says that when he tried to get a guy with 2000+ he was told it would be tough to get a low time guy on. The last I read from Air Inc. was that the avg. time was 5000 for new hires there.

Until things clear up at least I can use my sectional couch type rating to its fullest.

Couch Monkey

High time at Comair

I was also told that my numbers (3600TT) were a 'low average' but it seemed like there were several others in my interviewing class (in February) who had lower. I know that the Comair Academy guys aren't coming in with 2000 hours but it's also probably true that the Academy guys are treated differently because of their earlier investment of time/money to the company. It seems like I've seen several postings, though, by Comair FOs who report having fewer than 2000 hours.

Maybe someone else has more information to report.

More

Add Commutair to your list. Most likely hiring off the street (I think the pool is being emptied into the April class) for May, June and July classes at least, possibly several more after that.

NEDude said:
(I think the pool is being emptied into the April class)

Halleluiah!!!!

Kansas was just too tough for Utah State, eh NEDude?!?!
That's a bummer!

skygirls,
How long did it take to get an invite for the interview at Chautauqua?

Comair is NOT going to furlough. We are getting too many aircraft. Comair is at 1600 + pilots right now. I believe they want to be at 2000 by the end of the year. If you want to get hired by Comair and have low hours, then you need to know someone who works for Comair. Competitive right now is 4000 total time and 121 or military expierance.

Latest resources

Back