Who's Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Desiday said:
So actually who is hiring out there right now. Anyone?

A friend of mine just got on with Omni Air International. DC-10 FO. That outfit has worked out some lease arrangement for National's 75's as well, so I guess they will start some 75 classes. My buddy is pretty excited to be there.

For all of you that are sending in resumes for any US Air or United feeder, I would strongly reconsider. Look at how many of them are furloughing. No CHQ is not yet, but problems are coming for them too. Save this and mark my words. CHQ is really not doing that much DCI flying over all. I know a lot of thier pilots are going to say they are expanding with DCI. However how much do you really think they are going to expand you when they have 2 wholly owns. Once they can get enough Comair and ASA jets and pilots the CHQ deal will be out the the door. It may take a couple years, but it will happen. Think about job security when you are sending out your resumes, thats all i'm saying. Nothing is 100%, but go with your best bet.

Re: Re: Who's Hiring?

ultrarunner said:
A friend of mine just got on with Omni Air International. DC-10 FO. That outfit has worked out some lease arrangement for National's 75's as well, so I guess they will start some 75 classes. My buddy is pretty excited to be there.

Does anyone have more info on this company?

Here is what he told me... prly much better info out there for ya if you're considering applying:

About 100 pilots. An all DC-10 fleet, with the previously mentioned 757's from National just coming on line.

PFE's crew that seat.

Got some sweat-heart lease deal on the 75's.

Lot's of long-haul stuff. Military lift going on right now also.

Can live anywhere you want. If I recall, you need to be withing a "few hours" of an airport. The company airmails you to the plane, positive-space'.

Didn't really catch how bidding and reserve works. But I'm sure someone will chime in with that info.

I had seen previous posts that they required previous "heavy-time" and loads of it, etc... but that's not the case with my friend. I suspect that's for new-hire captains, which they are hiring.

that's about all I know.

Here is what he told me... prly much better info out there for ya if you're considering applying:

About 100 pilots. An all DC-10 fleet, with the previously mentioned 757's from National just coming on line.

PFE's crew that seat.

Got some sweat-heart lease deal on the 75's.

Lot's of long-haul stuff. Military lift going on right now also.

Can live anywhere you want. If I recall, you need to be withing a "few hours" of an airport. The company airmails you to the plane, positive-space'.

Didn't really catch how bidding and reserve works. But I'm sure someone will chime in with that info.

I had seen previous posts that they required previous "heavy-time" and loads of it, etc... but that's not the case with my friend. I suspect that's for new-hire captains, which they are hiring.

that's about all I know.

Ace is right. CHQ will lose the DCI contract. The reason Delta contracted CHQ is because the Comair's 50 seat aircraft were losing money in Florida, but the 37 seat aircraft is profitable. Now that Comair is getting more pilots and more 37 seat CRJs, they will take those routes back.

Oh wait... Canadair doesn't make a 37 seater...

CHQ already has the 37 seat aircraft with more on the way, which is perfect for the Florida market. Comair cannot run those routes profitably. Also, Delta has just acquired the ERJs that CHQ was operating for America West, which brings the total DCI package to 34 airplanes. I don't think that CHQ is in any danger of losing this contract anytime soon.

Been to DFW lately? Seen the new DCI ticket counters being built? According the senior management, look for a Chautauqua DFW base coming soon...

i believe it. i know a couple people hired a few years back straight out of purdue with 250-300 hrs. one was comair, and the other chq.

CHQ

CHQ IS hiring.

They are looking at at least 30-40/mo.thru the end of the year.

The low down,

Good company, good bases, great equipment (all ERJ's) great people; and there's GROWTH.

Still in contract negotiations, but should have something on the table in a few months.

For those who are new to the industry, go to an airline that has some growth going on.

Good luck, :D

Latest resources

Back