Who's got the scoop on Evergreen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clansinclair

Anybody out there got any "poop" on Evergreen? I've got an interview with them, and the only thing about them I know is that they fly 747's on military contracts and such.

Anybody know what they pay, upgrade times etc. ?

clansinclair said:
Anybody out there got any "poop" on Evergreen? I've got an interview with them, and the only thing about them I know is that they fly 747's on military contracts and such.

Anybody know what they pay, upgrade times etc. ?

Training pay is $1200 per month, and the company picks up the hotel.

Pay rates on www.airlinepilotcentral.com are accurate, just multiply the numbers by 65 hours to get the monthly amount (you're guaranteed 65 hours).

Per Diem: Buck 25 domestic, 2 for international ops. (Alaska, Hawaii count as int'l ops).

Our most junior pilot upgrading to captain (currently in training) is a 04/1999 hire.

Go to the website link posted above by dispatcher121, and get to know Evergreen. Just knowing they have 747s for military contracts isn't enough.:)

We have 10 747s, 2 more ex-Lufthansa birds coming soon (both in Marana Air Park, AZ right now). 5 are -100s and 5 are -200s.

Schedules are typically 16 away, 14 home... can be extended two extra days (18 away). Some lines are broken down 8 days away earlier in the month, then 8 days away later in the month.

Currently, the flying will take you to Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, China, Guam, Hawaii, UK, Turkey, places in the Middle East, etc. etc. etc.

Pilot base is JFK.

That's all I can give off the top of my head. Let me know if I can help some more.

Congrats on the interview! When is it?

Last edited:
Flyer any idea on how much flying time you actually get during an average month. I would suspect being long haul stuff you would get more than the 65 hours?

Depends.

For example, last month (June) the military did a good job of turning in all their flying for June to crew scheduling on time. So, there were plenty of regular lines above 65 hours (70-75 hours usually, a couple actually 80).

But for this month (July), the military did not get all of their flying to us on time. As a result, there were a lot more reserve lines than there were regular lines. Even in the regular lines, most were for between 45-55 hours for this month.

So, it all depends on whether the military already knows what its flying will be like for any particular month, and if they can get that info to us on time to publish the bid package.

Hi Flyer,

Thanks for being so helpful with the info. on Evergreen. I was wondering if you could give some idea as to what the powers that be might be looking for in the interview? Also, any hints or tips of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LT

Latest resources

Back