Who's got the scoop on Evergreen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey!

Hey Dart. Did I interview at ATA with you on the 20th of Jan 2004?

Actually I think is was on the 21st of Jan.

Dart said:
I think so! Who did you work for?

Great Lakes.

I am at Kalitta now.

So do Evergreen, Gemini, Atlas, Polar, Kalitta, ATI, and I am sure there are more, all fly the same work? I am trying to sort out all the names on the tails I see on the Cargo ramps. I thought ATI was Evergreen b/c they seemed parked together in PHL (and I thought they used to fly douglas products) and some other cities. Are they all ACMI? I know a guy just hired at ATI and another who was turned down, but I think he is going to Gemini. Also another couple are off to Kalitta. I am curious as to how people feel all these cargo operators stack up? Best - Worst? Just seems like a good bit of hiring/turnover at all these places.

Just seems like a good bit of hiring/turnover at all these places.

It is.

Some folks find a home with the ACMI operators, others use it for a stepping stone or a learning experience.

I have been with several as well as with commuters and majors, etc.

Not a bad lifestyle or paycheck if ya get on with the right one...Start a life with a scum-bag ACMI and you will be miserable soon after the big-airplane glory has worn off....And it will..:D

We find out next week! The company said by the 24th of Aug...it keeps getting pushed back! I think it will turn out well. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks

How long is call-out for reserve? 2 hours? 4?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back