Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whoever keeps trying to take their personal crap through the KCM ckpoints......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does it matter....I never had a problem with the old way...it takes as long as it takes...never really cut the line...time to transit security is not my problem....I dont think pilots should be exempt anyway....to many odd balls
Good. You can stay in the regular line. Will make getting through the KCM checkpoint at a large airline's domicile much quicker... ;)

Getting through the line in MCO takes anywhere from 20-25 minutes. I kid you not. It's ridiculous and when I have a 5:30 a.m. report, an hour drive in, and have to fly a 12 hour day across 3 time zones, I really would appreciate the extra 15 minutes of sleep.

KCM would be the best thing to happen to that airport and it's overstaffed TSA regime. If someone screws up that program by being a frakking idiot about what they can carry through or not on their own leisure travel, even if they're taking their family with them on a trip, then THEY need to lose the privilege, not the entire professional airline pilot as a group.

Or we could just tar and feather the offenders... :)

If someone screws up that program by being a frakking idiot about what they can carry through or not on their own leisure travel, even if they're taking their family with them on a trip, then THEY need to lose the privilege, not the entire professional airline pilot as a group.

Or we could just tar and feather the offenders... :)

Agreed but remember its the federal imperial govt. They'll panic and put out one of those "effective immediately" memos.

What does it matter....I never had a problem with the old way...it takes as long as it takes...never really cut the line...time to transit security is not my problem....I dont think pilots should be exempt anyway....to many odd balls

The problem I have is most rampers, gate agents, ops agents, and other ground workers don't go through security. So they can carry anything they want to work and never get screened because they have a SIDA badge, yet the crew still goes through security. I have never understood that. I have seen some rampers (all carriers) that look rough. They look and act like prison is in their future yet they can be trusted. Me, on the other hand, who has a whole career to loose and will have the airplane under my control can't be trusted WTF. TSA is a joke.

Also, KCM is not for non revving. You must be in uniform and on duty to use it. I know of a couple pilots in hot water for using it while not on duty.

Depends. If I'm commuting to/from work and had the option to use it, I would.

You have to be on duty. You aren't on duty while commuting. TSA can match KCM with your airline and random audits have caught a few already You don't want to be the next to get caught.

Latest resources

Back