• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will survive? Republic Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH sure low-balled XJT for the IAH flying. Oh yes, I went there.

Don't think that is true. From my understanding, CAL is actually paying more per departure for CHQ then they did for BTA. The fact that CHQ pilots are paid less is NOT in the equation.

COA wanted competition in their 50 seat market. For some reason they were willing to pay more for CHQ.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Last edited:

Salam alaykum jonnypee

Isn't it call to prayer for you now?......

Let's all raise our glasses in a goats milk toast.....because,
i'll be the first one to say it, but FirstMate is getting married this year, and he is inviting everyone from Flightinfo to come to the reception.

If the E's are so nice why did Delta just give Skywest Pinnacle new CRJ900's???

The ERJs burn about 800 lbs more an hour than the CRJs....THAT IS huge when you count all the hours of fuel burn Delta has to pay!

Perhaps in your self saluting praise you dismissed the possibility that for some, working in the airline industry in its entirety is the gratification and symbolic of a paycheck. Having been in a position earlier in life to make a six figure income, I sit quietly in comfort knowing your money hungry score card will soon fill with points and shortly after be overtaken by another once again derailing your ego train. I can see from the suave and sophistication in your avatar's artwork, the airlines were truly privileged to have you. Hopefully you can learn to enjoy life's offerings on any livable wage and in time reminisce that your greed and degrading of others for your own self worth is what's truly "Pathetic". Have a good weekend.

hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh!!! BTW-having a great start to the weekend, thanks again.:beer:

The 170 is a gas guzzler???...........MMMMMMMMMM,
sure compared to a 1900, Saab or Dash. Compared to the 737 or the Bus, no way in hell. Sure if you fly the 170 around at .82 all day long, she'll eat up gas. However if you know how to cut the corners and fly it the way it should be flown then you will see some pretty good fuel savings. Seeing as how you have never flown a 170/175 I will bet that you have been grossly misinformed.

You're still getting less economy per passenger mile than a mainline jet. ALL RJ's are gas guzzlers. The 170 is no different. The only real differences between the E-Jets and the "traditional" RJ are appearance and comfort. The talk that they represent some kind of revolution in the regional world is a result of some brilliant marketing over at Embraer. And I haven't flown a 170/175 (yet), but I have friends who do so on a regular basis. You guys aren't saving a ton of gas over your CRJ equivalents.

Latest resources

Back