• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will survive? Republic Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Everyone hates riding on a regional jet but being we have the E170/175s, passengers would rather ride on us then yall with the crj700/900s sooooooo sucks to be you.

Call it a regional jet all u want. I dont care but the fact is, its a superior airplane to the canadian pos and passengers would rather fly on them.

The 170/190 is far preferable to the pax but you are making a large jump assuming mgmt gives a damn what the pax want. Enjoy your crappy job. I wouldn't brag about it too hard if I were you.

All you guys really shouldn't get this excited over regional jets.

Huh?....I don't think anyone here is excited about a 76-86 seat jet. However, some people are hopeful that RAH has a bright future. That doesn't include "stealing" flying from anyone else, or "low balling" contract bids. What most want is just a better contract and more stable domiciles. If the jet that our company decided to purchase allows us weather a sizable industry crunch, thats something to be happy for.

Call the 170-175 anything you want.

The only thing regional about the "E-Jet" is the pay.

Im glad I got out of the regional life, just really isnt worth it. Im flying a hawker (co-pilot) for more than what CA are making at the regionals. Simply pathetic. Also, my quality of is 10x's better. Its not the size of the airplane, its the size of the paycheck that matters.

Im glad I got out of the regional life, just really isnt worth it. Im flying a hawker (co-pilot) for more than what CA are making at the regionals. Simply pathetic. Also, my quality of is 10x's better. Its not the size of the airplane, its the size of the paycheck that matters.

Perhaps in your self saluting praise you dismissed the possibility that for some, working in the airline industry in its entirety is the gratification and symbolic of a paycheck. Having been in a position earlier in life to make a six figure income, I sit quietly in comfort knowing your money hungry score card will soon fill with points and shortly after be overtaken by another once again derailing your ego train. I can see from the suave and sophistication in your avatar's artwork, the airlines were truly privileged to have you. Hopefully you can learn to enjoy life's offerings on any livable wage and in time reminisce that your greed and degrading of others for your own self worth is what's truly "Pathetic". Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Perhaps in your self saluting praise you dismissed the possibility that for some, working in the airline industry in its entirity is the gratification and symbology of a paycheck.

And that fact right there is why compensation at the regional level will never rise to its rightfully deserved level.

Perhaps in your self saluting praise you dismissed the possibility that for some, working in the airline industry in its entirety is the gratification and symbolic of a paycheck.

What in the hell is that supposed to mean? Do these people pay their bills while wearing their full airline uniform with symbolic airline money?

Perhaps in your self saluting praise you dismissed the possibility that for some, working in the airline industry in its entirety is the gratification and symbolic of a paycheck.

"I don't make crap for wages but I get to wear the hat!"

Latest resources

Back