• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will survive? Republic Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FSI teaches 4200# first hour and 3600# each additional hour... FWIW; most of those guys have never flown the plane
Flight Safty Does a pretty good job as far as teaching systems and Sim training is concerned. From an operating or flying the line standpoint they need improvement. 4200lbs the 1ST hour sounds a little low to me. Lear had it closer with 5000. I figure depending on your situation, 5-6K the 1ST hour, 4-4.5K the second and 3.4-3.8K in cruse or 3rd. That is based on my own observation. I agree completely with Lear with the fact that the fuel savings between .82 & .78 is quite significant.

5-6K the 1ST hour, 4-4.5K the second and 3.4-3.8K in cruse or 3rd. That is based on my own observation. ..... .82 & .78 .....

This goes back to a point made earlier. What's "regional" about flying at .78 for 3 hours? That's a heck of a long leg.

Turboprops never die. They just get redesigned, repainted, and returned to service.

ATR-72-200: 1600 PPH.

Is this not a well known fact at the Kremlin?

170 does not burn more fuel than the crj700. that has been beaten to death.

1. Everyone hates riding on a regional jet but being we have the E170/175s, passengers would rather ride on us then yall with the crj700/900s sooooooo sucks to be you.

Call it a regional jet all u want. I dont care but the fact is, its a superior airplane to the canadian pos and passengers would rather fly on them.

being its flightinfo, my regional is better than yours! If you aint working here, too bad so sad.

BTW, I could care less what Boyd says

This post reminds me of a 12 year old on flight sim acting like a pilot....:confused:

In my experience the 170/175 burns about 4600 the first hour and about 3800 (average) after that depending on your speed and how long the flight is.

I have flown the CRJ 200/700 and the EMB 170/175. IMO the EMB is 10 times better as far as comfort and passenger approval.
I agree that the 200's are not profitable and alot will be parked soon. I posted this thread to find out what everyones thoughts were on what the future hold for CRJ drivers. That's alot of pilots that could be affected if mainline starts parking planes. I know Boyd states the obvious but I think he has a good point here.

That's alot of pilots that could be affected if mainline starts parking planes. I know Boyd states the obvious but I think he has a good point here.[/quote]

Parking planes means utilizing larger scale aircraft on Domestic routes (IE ORD-ATL) 1 757 vs 2 737's but you still have to feed the larger equipment and supply the same seat capacity per route. Hence the market will still neccesitate regional feeders. Consolidation or merger means less competition and pilots at the major level but the passenger demand remains the same and regional feed is still needed.

who cares!!! with in 20 years we eather nuke our self up or mother nature gets over this ******************** and blows her self back to the stone age!!!....okokok I got carried away!!!

Somethings fishy around this parts, thats for sure. Kinda reminds me of high school. You know, the time you hooked up with that chick that went to the other high school in town? Her snatch smelled like a wonder bread factory , but you were still excited to be playing with some kitty...

2008 should be an interesting year at RAH.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back