• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who wants Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still gotta feeling it'll be Swa, but only if the DAL/NWA and a UAL/CAL mergers happen. Seems like the tranny guys no likey swa, but at least swapa will get you the raises you've been looking for......

..... I fully expect them to start asking for Leaves of Absence pretty soon, followed shortly by a request for the pilots to take paycuts.....

Seems like you've "fully expected" a lot of crap to happen that hasn't. :rolleyes:

I actually wish they would offer some voluntary LOAs. I could make more money working my other gig for a while full time.

Turns out we are for sale.....
from the Orlando Sentinel
Could AirTran Airways be sold? Bob Fornaro, chief executive of Orlando-based AirTran Holdings Inc., said last week that management would be willing to consider it. "Our board is focused on the shareholder, and if we received an offer at AirTran, we'd take it to the board and we would be very open-minded about it," Fornaro said in response to a question from an analyst. AirTran stock hit a 52-week low Friday before closing up two cents at $3.22 a share. Of course, shares of most other U.S. airlines have also tanked recently, so it's not at all clear whether another carrier could find the cash to make an offer.

Of course it's for sale. The execs probably get a huge bonus if it is. Follow the money. It's all about how much the senior execs can stuff their pockets with.

Seems like you've "fully expected" a lot of crap to happen that hasn't. :rolleyes:
Patience, oh baiter of the flame...

p.s. You, like one or two others, seem to have this misguided impression that you can offend me. When you aren't seen as a constructive member of the board, i.e. you can't debate topics without resorting to childish retorts and insults, no one takes you seriously.

Keep slinging mud from behind the cover of anonymity... I hope its therapeutic for you in some way.

Hold on a minute, Princess . . .

Lear has a lot of insight as to what has been going on . . . In case you forgot, he is a "Contract Hostage" because of all the excellent work he did in exposing the huge flaws in TA1 and TA2.

His analytical abilities obviously made someone in MCO uncomfortable enough to want him "on the outside looking in" for the rest of negotiations.

You, on the other hand, well, not so much.:laugh:

I think we need Alaska too to get close to SWA size

Personally, I've always thought and Air Tran/Alaska deal would be outstanding. Similar equipment (except the 717s). SLI wouldn't be much of a problem, even with DoH since hardly anyone would switch coasts. Good route overlap. Through Frontier into the mix and you'd really have something.

Of course, you'd have to get rid of the nincompoops who are running Alaska.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back