• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who wants Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Warming up for the renewal of negotiations?
Methinks yes.

airTran is overstaffed right now, but not grossly so. Certainly they'll need people to fill the summer scheduled flying but, after that, I fully expect them to start asking for Leaves of Absence pretty soon, followed shortly by a request for the pilots to take paycuts.

Let's see... 1,600 pilots take a $1,000 per month paycut = $1.6 Million per month, roughly $5 Million per quarter, and we lost over $35 Million in one quarter. Nope, I'm going to have to call B.S. on that one. Paycuts aren't going to help

Nor is furloughing 100 first year pilots costing the company about $5,000 a month each in wages and benefits, saving $1.5 Million per quarter and downgrading 100 Captains on year 3-4 seniority, saving another $5,000 per month or, again, another $1.5 Million per quarter.

Even combined wage cuts of 25% PLUS 100 furloughs and 100 downgrades will only save the company about $8 Million a quarter with a LOT of ill will generated as a result as senior management just got promoted in many positions, just took HUGE pay raises and bonuses still go out.

The company needs to manage REVENUE, not come trying to squeeze blood out of an already-squeezed turnip.

p.s. On the original post thread, airTran has WAY too much debt to look for a leveraged buyout.

Like someone at Midex said, even if they don't pay the whole pilot group a cent, we will still be loosing money, furlough is not the answer.

"Let's see... 1,600 pilots take a $1,000 per month paycut = $1.6 Million per month, roughly $5 Million per quarter, and we lost over $35 Million in one quarter. Nope, I'm going to have to call B.S. on that one. Paycuts aren't going to help..."

But Lear Dude, it has to be a "shared sacrifice". All "stakeholders" must contribute to the cause. You may even get stock options.

Every little bit helps...

You guys must really be overpaid(Capt's). Why the hell are we even talking about giving money back to the company? Last I checked the top guys all just received big raise in the millions in total and you want me the FO making 56 an hour to give back. You guys are fcukin crazy. Pretty much confirms what most people thing about us at the tranny Quoting the dukes of hazard guys... "no balls.. no balls" (picture J. Simpson in her daisy dukes to make you feel better).
Everybody needs to take a deep breath and drink a big cup of shut the hell up. If the company wants to negotiate great. Don't be going out giving sh!t away for nothing.
Let the union do the talking for you. If they screw up then we can recall them as well.
If it gets bad enough I am sure you guys will have plenty of time to be the first to cross the picket line(again) if it comes to that.

You guys must really be overpaid(Capt's). Why the hell are we even talking about giving money back to the company? Last I checked the top guys all just received big raise in the millions in total and you want me the FO making 56 an hour to give back. You guys are fcukin crazy. Pretty much confirms what most people thing about us at the tranny Quoting the dukes of hazard guys... "no balls.. no balls" (picture J. Simpson in her daisy dukes to make you feel better).
Everybody needs to take a deep breath and drink a big cup of shut the hell up. If the company wants to negotiate great. Don't be going out giving sh!t away for nothing.
Let the union do the talking for you. If they screw up then we can recall them as well.
If it gets bad enough I am sure you guys will have plenty of time to be the first to cross the picket line(again) if it comes to that.

Concur with most of what you say, just don't lump people in a group where they don't belong!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back