• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who wants Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Continental and Airtran would make a great combo.

You know, I was thinking that the other day. This would be a great combo. Very little overlap, except EWR-ATL. Airtran could feed more Continental international stuff, both companies have been hiring recently so integrating labor groups wouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure AAI management has looked this over before but with Continental out of the UAL game, this combo might get more interest.

$280 million will buy you airtran. You might get a couple of hundred million in cash with the deal. The convertable notes aren't due for years to come.

Any bidders?

For that price it would be worth it for DAL, AA and the like to just buy them and shut them down just to get rid of the LCC competition. With the air fares these days we really do not need LCC's anymore.

You know, I was thinking that the other day. This would be a great combo. Very little overlap, except EWR-ATL. Airtran could feed more Continental international stuff, both companies have been hiring recently so integrating labor groups wouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure AAI management has looked this over before but with Continental out of the UAL game, this combo might get more interest.

Time for some more PBRs

For that price it would be worth it for DAL, AA and the like to just buy them and shut them down just to get rid of the LCC competition. With the air fares these days we really do not need LCC's anymore.

You're a ****************************** -- wish the best to you too!

Thanks. My wife and kids appreciate your good wishes for our future success...

Good thing we don't live in China or that could actually happen. DOJ hasn't lost all their teeth in the bush admin. .....yet

Latest resources

Back